PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the bench is our benchmark
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: the bench is our benchmark  (Read 4532 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »

look how strong it was today compared to last season when we had the likes of brooke and mitchley , gritty win today but i wouldnt start smikle

joe

Re: the bench is our benchmark
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »

look how strong it was today compared to last season when we had the likes of brooke and mitchley , gritty win today but i wouldnt start smikle

Did he not have a great game today?
IMO the only way he is going to improve is by getting game time.
Remember Clee and Richman when they first signed?

bumble

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »

Did he not have a great game today?
IMO the only way he is going to improve is by getting game time.
Remember Clee and Richman when they first signed?

fair point BH - He wasnt awful, but hes currently the weakest member of the team

He doesnt tend to go past anybody and just knock it back and then looks for more space

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:32:01 PM »

Smikle did alright, and I thought he put himself about a fair bit. He needs to improve but I agree with Boss Hogg that he needs to get game time.

Highlight for me was that we won scrappy again, at a place where we often get little. And the sub scored the winner.

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:00:25 PM »

Junior Smikle completed every single pass he made today, got himself in some decent positions, is not afraid to go in for a challenge and attacked the fullback for the first time since he has been here.

Positives from him today.

The second half was very scrappy but we controlled the first and were still the most threatening side in the second. Yes Vauxhall came back into it but Stu made the saves when needed.

Very happy today.

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »

I can only go by the excellent RR commentary and from that Smikle did seem to pose some threat to the Motors' defence.

bumble

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 08:11:51 PM »

Junior Smikle completed every single pass he made today, got himself in some decent positions, is not afraid to go in for a challenge and attacked the fullback for the first time since he has been here.

The second half was very scrappy but we controlled the first and were still the most threatening side in the second. Yes Vauxhall came back into it but Stu made the saves when needed.

Very happy today.

9 Passes in the first half all to feet.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »

Seems to be improving with each game from what I've heard/been told. The best is still to come and that is a very exciting thing indeed!
Come on Alty!

JDN

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 08:24:03 PM »

Very happy today.
Smikle very poor, he in the team to run at the opp, but he cant do it

Was gobsmacked he played the full 90, and it nearly cost us

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 10:57:17 PM »

For heavens sake, give the lad a chance. He has had virtually no pre-season compred to the rest of the team. But every game when he plays we see a little bit more from him. He is not yet fully fit and is behind other team members in both game time and his fitness. That was why Lee gave him the full 90 minutes.

Give him time and this player will reach his potential, providing we let him!!!

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 03:12:00 AM »

I believe if we support the players they will realise what a fine bunch we are to play for and they will reward our patience....Richaman was apparently utterly useless and shouldn't have been in the team when we first got him.....Walshaw was poor but has put a few goals away already.

I still don't quite believe we are title challengers but we can afford to carry a few passengers to allow the to develop to get us there.....for me smikle is putting himself about and doesn't give the ball away....once h starts running at folk as well we may have a decent player on our hands.....

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »

I believe if we support the players they will realise what a fine bunch we are to play for and they will reward our patience....Richaman was apparently utterly useless and shouldn't have been in the team when we first got him.....Walshaw was poor but has put a few goals away already.

I still don't quite believe we are title challengers but we can afford to carry a few passengers to allow the to develop to get us there.....for me smikle is putting himself about and doesn't give the ball away....once h starts running at folk as well we may have a decent player on our hands.....
Clee was another player who got terrible stick on this forum when he first arrived......I was one of the few who believed in him.

Junior Smikle is a better player than we have so far seen. Particularly in the last half hour yesterday, there were signs that his confidence at least was beginning to return. He could prove to be a real asset to the club.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »

For heavens sake, give the lad a chance. He has had virtually no pre-season compred to the rest of the team. But every game when he plays we see a little bit more from him. He is not yet fully fit and is behind other team members in both game time and his fitness. That was why Lee gave him the full 90 minutes.

Give him time and this player will reach his potential, providing we let him!!!

Well said Steve from Sale,Lee Sinnott took a lot of stick over Richman & look what he has
achieved having been given the time to settle in the team,I think the same chance should
be given here as well.

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »

They are all rubbish, the manager is rubbish, the tactics are rubbish - are you Jamie in disguise !!!

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »

I think Sinnott has been very sencible with our squad playing so often I will admit I didn't say that at half 2 yesterday I think when we are playing once a week the starting 11 will resemble the team that beat county or maybe I'm not giving him enough credit and the changes are horses for coarses
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team