PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The home end this Saturday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The home end this Saturday  (Read 4320 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »

Hopefully there will be stewards and police at the turnstiles on saturday to stop county fans coming in the alty end !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The home end this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »

Have you not read the chairmans statement linked to the website?
Mate there's going to BTP on the trains and in the bus stations, nevermind the home end turnstiles... Its a police run operation, stop worrying.Police have even been in the towns pubs this week ahead of Saturday.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

Thanks, I have read there will be a police presence but nothing else, let's hope it al goes well on the day

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:52:58 PM »

Really cant see any trouble.

County can certainly look after themselves when required however ive not seen County  go looking for trouble for a good number of years and even then it tended to be  only against the bigger teams (Stoke, Burnley etc).

Macc away days have been good natured , I think there have been a couple of attempts from  a small number of Macc lads burtsing into pubs  to try and cause trouble in Macc( long after most have gone home) but from all accounts they have had second thoughts as reality set in and have quickly exited .

Alty fans are probably the most peacefull ive ever come across (But still very passionate and vocal) so I cant see any problems.

Lets hope for a good atmosphere and an enjoyable game and a Kristian Dennis Hatrick  :P

markecky

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »

Really cant see any trouble.

County can certainly look after themselves when required however ive not seen County  go looking for trouble for a good number of years and even then it tended to be  only against the bigger teams (Stoke, Burnley etc).

Macc away days have been good natured , I think there have been a couple of attempts from  a small number of Macc lads burtsing into pubs  to try and cause trouble in Macc( long after most have gone home) but from all accounts they have had second thoughts as reality set in and have quickly exited .

Alty fans are probably the most peacefull ive ever come across (But still very passionate and vocal) so I cant see any problems.

Lets hope for a good atmosphere and an enjoyable game and a Kristian Dennis Hatrick  :P

Just my personal opinion, but there is no rivalry between the two sides and as you have said, Alty fans are a peaceful bunch.  The only storming of any pubs would be to get a pint and a good seat if its near closing time.

Anyone looking for trouble on Saturday certainly won't find it in the home end at Alty.

There will be our stewards, your stewards, special trained stewards and police ensuring that everyone stays safe.

I'm sure any County fans who may have thought that Saturday could be a great tear up will have done a bit of research and found that there is no firm here, you'll essentially be T**tting people who don't want to fight anyone and frightening youngsters.

It'll be great to see Moss Lane full even if it is with away fans, games like this should be savoured.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:30:08 PM by markecky »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »

be interesting to see how many alty fans turn up , the messenger are saying  its one of the biggest games in our recent history.

bumble

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 08:24:22 PM »

Its a great occasion and a chance for us (like with Burton and Brackley) to get a crowd in and hopefully hook a few younger fans.

We learnt our lesson with Chester with planning and hopefully we can celebrate 3 points and join the '9 point gang'

joe

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »

Im hoping for 1000 home fans,1500 away fans and 200 neutrals with City and Utd playing Sunday/Monday.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »

Im hoping for 1000 home fans,1500 away fans and 200 neutrals with City and Utd playing Sunday/Monday.

2700?

I'm hoping we may top the 3000 mark (1700 county away 1300 home)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »

Its a great occasion and a chance for us (like with Burton and Brackley) to get a crowd in and hopefully hook a few younger fans.

We learnt our lesson with Chester with planning and hopefully we can celebrate 3 points and join the '9 point gang'

I hope we are alone with this one come 4:50pm on Saturday ;D

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »

1000 home fans against an ex league club based less than ten miles away would be disappointing imo

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 09:18:04 PM »

I am hoping for 1250 home fans and 2500 county. Wont get it probably more like 2800 in total i expect.

dawno

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:23 AM »

How many lol xx :D

ripleym

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »

Do we have enough pies to cope with that number?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »

Do we have enough pies to cope with that number?

I'm sure it'll be all wrights on the day :)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team