PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve king sacked
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Steve king sacked  (Read 34358 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Steve king sacked
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 04:26:33 PM »

No money, no future, no idea, 10 point deduction is only a matter of time. The season after next we could easily be a league above them.

You heard it here first :D

York Alty

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »

No money, no future, no idea, 10 point deduction is only a matter of time. The season after next we could easily be a league above them.

You heard it here first :D

..and that small part of the natural order of things would have been restored...

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »

Obvious what's happening here then.

2012-13 with Steve King at the helm was always set as the sh*t or bust promotion season, despite chucking top dollar at the squad the milkmen were never really in serious promotion contention after Christmas.

Now, the budget has been slashed and the club stalwart who would never get a gig elsewhere has been given the hospital pass. By appointing two Macc legends the board have bought some time but essentially Macc have given up on getting back to the FL for the foreseeable. They'll be sub 1000 gates in the coming season without a shadow.

VofD

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »

Obvious what's happening here then.

2012-13 with Steve King at the helm was always set as the sh*t or bust promotion season, despite chucking top dollar at the squad the milkmen were never really in serious promotion contention after Christmas.

Now, the budget has been slashed and the club stalwart who would never get a gig elsewhere has been given the hospital pass. By appointing two Macc legends the board have bought some time but essentially Macc have given up on getting back to the FL for the foreseeable. They'll be sub 1000 gates in the coming season without a shadow.

And what do you think the gates will be WITH a shadow. ;D ;D

Silkyman23

York Alty

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 05:31:58 PM »

Is this basically being owned by the council?  An intriguing set-up, not the same as being owned by the fans which for me is the ideal, but may potentially protect you from some of the idiots out there who think they can run clubs.  However, if this is , as I think, amount to council ownership then how does that sit with Austerity Daves cut in funding to councils? 

Silkyman23

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »

It's not owned by the council, it's owned by a community interest company. The council own the freehold of the ground. That's all tied in with the new stadium plan as the area the council wants to develop needs a road through the Moss Rose.

York Alty

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »

Honest question then Silkyman, cos I don't know.  What is the difference between the council ownership and a "community interest company"? The link quotes "A Community Interest Company is a new vehicle for community and social enterprise", which I don't understand. Who owns the 'community interest company'?

Silkyman23

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »

A community interest company is just a different business model. From what I can see its separate from the Council, but the council funding was needed to get through/prevent the financial issues.

York Alty

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2013, 12:45:15 PM »

Looks like council ownership, one step removed. It may work out OK. 

Silkyman23

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 01:09:38 AM »

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/community-interest-company-858516.aspx

A bit more on the model.

the council won't own the club at all. They will own the freehold on the ground which looks to be part of the development of a new stadium. the council want to develop a chunk of land south of the town, but seem to need to build a road through the Moss Rose to do it. there's still a coveneant on the ground so they have to build a new ground if they want to build the road.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »

I have some inside info from a mate on the council, and here's the model they're going to follow for the new ground:

Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Hamilton

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »

I have some inside info from a mate on the council, and here's the model they're going to follow for the new ground:

Upgrading then!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 12:47:22 PM »

From what I hear from Macc fans I know, even though the move is a very positive step (and one they should be applauded for) for the club long term, it also means that in the short term they will have a dramatically reduced budget next season and it wouldnt be surprising to see Macc relegated to BSN by the following year. So, if things go well we swop places/leagues with MTFC then at last the natural order of things may finally be restored  :D

Silkyman23

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »

That all depends on whether the guesswork of the NLP is in the slightest bit accurate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve king sacked