PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tomorrow
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Team for tomorrow  (Read 9170 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team for tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 08:58:22 PM »

If we started with 2 then 1 of them could definitely not be Peter Band

joe

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 09:05:16 PM »

If we started with 2 then 1 of them could definitely not be Peter Band

Agreed!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »

Hmm

I spend the season getting grief because I express doubts about a 38 year old who I reckon I might have been quicker than but most people seemed happy with

We trial a guy 4 years younger who can and will run all day for you and that's wrong?

Can someone explain please??

You waged a campaign against him for reasons that may be known to you.  I'm just saying Bandy would be an Ok squad player. 

Surely you think Tinno would have been an OK squad player?

Firstly Ecky I didn't "wage a campaign" against Tinson merely express an opinion. A campaign would have been more proactive.

I agree with you that Bandy would be an okay squad player - so that's that one out of the way.

Tinson, as I have said possibly hundreds of times would have been a good signing four or five years earlier than we signed him. In my view, having signed him and, it then becoming apparent that he wasn't the player (a) He had been and (b) That we thought we were getting, No I don't think that he would have been an okay squad player at all.

Anyhow he's gone now and I probably erred in bringing his name up again - sorry

F

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 08:33:13 AM »

Was sad to see Peter leave,so if he's coming back then great,will make good cover at least.
Harold

altyf

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 10:12:53 AM »

Big surprise to see Bandy back but I'll reserve judgement until after the match. You never know, he may still be able to do a job for us. I hope Graham's still looking at a couple of others though because going from Bolland and Liam King, to Band and Kerr would be a bit of a disappointment I think. Anyway, interesting to see how the match goes.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »

I think Phil that people know Tinson has a good football brian, so thought what he lacked in pace nowadays could be made up by that. Tinson would had been a squad player for me,bringing experience and know how to a side thats holding on to the lead. If Band does come back, I hope it is a squad player to run back and forth at tired legs for last 20-30 mins.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 11:35:08 AM »

Nat Kerr impressed me when he played for Northwich. I don't have any probs with Bandycoming back as a squad player.

Maybe we have beena bit spoilt with our earlier signings though and it's not easy to get high quality replacements on our budget. GH may well have talkedto Phil Bolland but if he has the opportunity to go back to league and full time football with Morecambe then it's a bit of a no brainer isn't it. happened with Colin Murdock and with the unnamed centre bacak last week. If we signed Kerr AND Band that would be decent enough until players become available around the end of September.

VofD

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 01:03:32 PM »

Surprisingly, one of them will be centre half Peter Band.
The 34-year-old departed Moss Lane last summer to join Blue Square North side Hyde United but has been training with the Robins this summer and Heathcote is keen to take a closer look at him as he seeks a replacement for Darren Tinson.

Incredible

In the words of John McEnroe :YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »

Surprisingly, one of them will be centre half Peter Band.
The 34-year-old departed Moss Lane last summer to join Blue Square North side Hyde United but has been training with the Robins this summer and Heathcote is keen to take a closer look at him as he seeks a replacement for Darren Tinson.

Incredible

In the words of John McEnroe :YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS

so is centre half going to become new left back ?ie cant  get position filled ?bar young of course

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »

As much as peter band did a job  a few years ago to sign him now even as a squad player is a step beackwards. i would rather sign an 18 year old from no name united who at least has a bit of pace than re sign bandy who 99% alty fans agreed was past it last year

mrsband

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 10:33:04 AM »

Dont worry, you can rest easy, Bandy ISNT coming back now. After speaking with Graham it became apparent that he would only be a fringe player, and Bandy isnt one for sitting on the bench getting his money, like some other players.
Perhaps its a good job judging by some of the comments on here, its a pity some of you weren't at Mottram Hall last week where he ran rings round some of the players who are 10yrs younger than him!
I take it the 'family' quote was tongue in cheek Ecky? If not, you cant think much of your manager if you think that would be a reason.
He will probably go and play in a lower league for the same money and do a job there. (There's a chance to have a go about the money!!)
Anyway we wish you well for this season, and hope you have signed some hard working players who will train hard and play well enough to keep you up this season.
Good Luck.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »

Well, that told us!

& I think some of the comments logged above deserved that!

joe

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 11:12:31 AM »

Peter Band did a magnificent job for Alty in his two spells with us,i just didn't think he was the answer to next seasons central defensive vacancy. I wish him well for next season and i'm sure he will do an excellent job for whoever he plays for.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »

Peter Band did a magnificent job for Alty in his two spells with us,i just didn't think he was the answer to next seasons central defensive vacancy. I wish him well for next season and i'm sure he will do an excellent job for whoever he plays for.

Agreed 100%

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »

I would have loved to see Peter back,remember his goal at Weymouth in our first away win of the season.
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tomorrow