PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League Position

Poll

Where do you think we will finish in the league in 2007-08 with our improved experience in the leauge and new signings?

1-5
- 1 (2.5%)
6-10
- 1 (2.5%)
11-15
- 5 (12.5%)
16-20
- 26 (65%)
21-24
- 7 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 06, 2007, 12:07:33 PM

Author Topic: League Position  (Read 2371 times)

Jenga

League Position
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:07:33 PM »

We have seen the team in friendlies and you are all aware of the signings we have made,

What are your gut feelings for our league position?

I will go for a long hard season with staying up due to our football not due to clubs going bust. ;D

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: League Position
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:26:02 PM »

Pre season optimism makes me think we'll finish a comfortable 15th

By 3.05pm on the 11th,I'll probably be thinking it's going to be a long slog and it will be a great escape.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Butty

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »

always have to be positive and looking at how we have played on occasions, i dont see any reason why we cant do well and finish in mid table comfort this season

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »

always have to be positive and looking at how we have played on occasions, i dont see any reason why we cant do well and finish in mid table comfort this season

If last season is anything to go by, mid table will be about as comfortable as a bed made from barbed wire. Next season will be really tough whatever happens, but even with our improved squad we've still got to see survival as a massive success if we achieve it.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:03:48 PM »

Reading these post,i dont know what to think,i was used to thinking how far ahead of the other teams would Alty finish,it would be nice to get back to that position someday,just the ramblings of an old man lol
Harold

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »

A fairly big consensus on us surviving but not all that comfortably.

Get ready for another roller coaster folks!

Based on the signings and the reports my feeling is we are slightly better than last year but the squad is as thin as ever for a full time season.
The other big difference is we don't have Bowler and thompson tying the cote's hands so he will be able to change things at Xmas.

I just hope we can enjoy the last home game of the season and not be going into it needing a win.

DarrenH

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »

It seems that the new signings have improved the squad. Lets hope for a good start to the season with a few points in the bag to settle everyone's early season nerves.

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 10:19:02 AM »

A fairly big consensus on us surviving but not all that comfortably.

Get ready for another roller coaster folks!

Based on the signings and the reports my feeling is we are slightly better than last year but the squad is as thin as ever for a full time season.
The other big difference is we don't have Bowler and thompson tying the cote's hands so he will be able to change things at Xmas.

I just hope we can enjoy the last home game of the season and not be going into it needing a win.

Very good point regarding Bowler and Thomson. Loan players are going to be crucial this season and with the lesson learned from last season, come January when other teams are bringing in fresh legs we can look to do the same. Aside from the improvements we've made on the pitch, I feel we're a lot less naive than we were in the last two seasons and that should stand us in good stead.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 12:21:14 PM »

we need a few more 1-0 ground out results.

Maybe Richard Acton should be training Stu how to take 5 minutes to take a goal kick by wandering aimlessly around the penalty area pretending not to find the ball/ not knowing wether the ref's given a goal kick or a foul.

Stuart shopuld average a yellow card a game for time wasting I reckon with maybe even a few reds I dare say.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League Position