PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Corby
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Team for Corby  (Read 16215 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team for Corby
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »

Chester res 1 -7 Alty
Harold

joe

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

So that's ok then, glad we weren't 2 up, don't think people get this.

I can't believe we've won 5-2 away from home and someone is still not happy!!

markecky

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »

So that's ok then, glad we weren't 2 up, don't think people get this.

I can't believe we've won 5-2 away from home and someone is still not happy!!

This bloody forum will end up with me getting sectioned!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »

FFS we control the game until half time then let them in as we stop attacking. We are not good enough to contain, and there is no need to at this level, go at them we could have had loads.

Absolutely mental. The first half was some of the best football I've seen from an Altrincham side in the last 10 years. The passing, the pace, running at people, we looked absolutely unstoppable. A privilege to be there. Ok there GK had a shocker but we really forced it.

Second half the pace of the game naturally dropped and Corby on their big charity day (they'd pushed it big locally and had a much bigger crowd than usual) obviously came out and played for pride and their crowd and pulled one back and then another right at the death, which was a very tidy finish.

There can be absolutely no complaints from an Alty perspective, champagne football, hats off to Lee and the boys!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »

I have been critical of lee in the past but i believe in being fair and judge people on results

Therfore i will say again well done another great result long may it continue

It would be amazing to get into the 1st round proper and get some cash for the club
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »

Didn't go and only heard ten minutes of the game.

The scenario was were 5 - 0 up at h/t with a nasty away cup game next week.  Quite right we relaxed and maybe didn't put the same effort in for the second 45 minutes.  If that was as a result of Lees instructions then good shout Lee.  A fine result.  Any criticism after that great result is unwarranted and unnecessary.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »

Can't believe SW is criticising the team after that result, absolutely barmy, please cheer up we've just battered one of the form teams in the league! Well done Lee and the team top result, would hate to see the forum if we'd lost wow!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »

Can't believe SW is criticising the team after that result, absolutely barmy, please cheer up we've just battered one of the form teams in the league! Well done Lee and the team top result, would hate to see the forum if we'd lost wow!

Jesus, where has it been criticised? See the read the thread and all the responses, is it beyond the concentration levels of the populace these days?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

joe

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »

I have been critical of lee in the past but i believe in being fair and judge people on results

Therfore i will say again well done another great result long may it continue

It would be amazing to get into the 1st round proper and get some cash for the club

This

Jezza

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 07:28:20 PM »

I think today with the cup game coming up you can excuse easing off the gas...we are the only side in the BSN without a defeat in our last 6 games...we are creeping to within a couple wins of being securely in the play offs....our GD is improving and is skewed by the results Vs brackley and chester early doors....the introduction of moult has made us more solid.

I still have concerns that are nagging the back of my head about repeated 2nd half lapses after completely overpowering teams in the 1st half...but am becoming less concerned that this will cost us a play off place....can you imagine we are 3-0 up at half time, last game of the season, we need a win to get in the play offs and the opposition clearly up for it, we are obviously going relax, they have nothing to lose, we have to give other sides credit, never going to be good enough to control a 3 goal lead..........

I actually think we'll be safely there by then though...bloody hope so anyway

1. Brackley 11 9 1 1 29:13 28        
2. Chester 10 9 0 1 27:10 27        
3. Guiseley 12 9 0 3 27:11 27        
4. Oxford City 12 7 2 3 24:15 23        
5. Halifax 10 6 1 3 20:9 19        
6. Worcester 11 5 4 2 19:11 19        
7. Altrincham 10 5 2 3 26:19 17

markecky

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 07:44:12 PM »

I'm honestly not rowing for the sake of it but we didn't ease off.

They got organised at halftime and started to play a bit.

There was no relaxing but there was no way we could have kept doing what we did in the first half for 90 mins.

It's like saying because we got five in first 45 mins we should get five in second. They were utterly bemused first half, should we stop watmore or clee or reeves or lawrie?

I'm just trying to get the point over that we didn't deliberately sit back second half.

Jimmy

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

Didn't  go today so maybe shouldn't  comment but if reeves stays all season we could well go up

Jezza

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

I'm actually making the point that conceding goals is becoming less of a problem....

however it would be even less concerning if we had taken our foot off a bit!!!!  ;D

You have to admit you are getting sick of week after week explaining why teams recover and win the 2nd half against us.....this is fine while we are gaining 4 goal headstarts......I think a few people's worries are that we need at least 3 to feel confident of a draw....that's all.

A brilliant result today....I've made the point already that the team are slowly beginning to make the fans believe instead of the other way around.....in isolation I am not at all bothered about conceding twice today when we are 5-0 up....as long as we keep the habit of scoring 4/5 we will get into the play offs...but the conceding of initiative is also a habit surely you'd like to see eradictaed?..personally i think it's the last piece of the jigsaw.....and I think you are wrong....we will start to dominate games for 90 mins....and we should strive for that...

we should have got into the play offs last year....I just don't want anything to stop us this year.....and i wonder just how accepting you would be if a 2nd half collapse costs us near the end of the season......which I actually don't think will happen...we are better than you think!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »

Didn't  go today so maybe shouldn't  comment but if reeves stays all season we could well go up
and Watmore
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »

Didn't go and only heard ten minutes of the game.

The scenario was were 5 - 0 up at h/t with a nasty away cup game next week.  Quite right we relaxed and maybe didn't put the same effort in for the second 45 minutes.  If that was as a result of Lees instructions then good shout Lee.  A fine result.  Any criticism after that great result is unwarranted and unnecessary.
Very much the point York ! Because we had a five goal cushion, we didn't have to pull out all the stops against a side who upped their game, but were never likely to get back into contention.

And we were able to make three sensible substitutions to give game time to Leather, Mitchley, and Lacey. My glass is three quarters full tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Corby