News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money or Hope

Author Topic: Money or Hope  (Read 3508 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Money or Hope
« on: April 24, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »

As we all know tonight's two game are rather important with regard to whether we will be playing Conference football next season. As this is the case there is ample opportunity to turn a potentially disastrous situation into a slightly less disastrous one.

The worst case scenario tonight is for both Halifax and Grays to win, anything else and should we beat Aldershot we will have a more than fighting chance of staying up. With this in mind it may be a good idea to put money on a Grays Halifax double which would come in at odds of just over 2/1.

As well as this many online bookies make offer a matched first bet upon registering, many of these offers can be found <a href="http://www.free-money.co.uk/?aff_id=264"<a>here[/url]. Although one should ensure that the matched bet is available upon placing the bet rather than the bet being settled.

If you take Stan James for example a Grays Halifax double comes in at about 5/2, meaning putting a tenner on would net you £36.67 (including your original £10 stake). If one were to then put the free tenner given to you by Stan James you would win a further £26.67 (in this instance you will not get your stake back as per the terms and conditions).

All in all for the sake of a tenner you can either win about £50 to put behind the bar on Saturday if things don't go our way or we will be in with a favourable chance of staying up.

It's win win really. ;D
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

Re: Money or Hope
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 03:21:12 PM »

Jimmy, is that your affiliate link?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 03:23:52 PM »

Yep, I put it in.

Is there a problem?

markecky

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »

Not at all.  Just checking you hadn't copied and pasted it from somewhere else and had unwittingly give them a commision.

A site like Non League Betting does a similar job  :D

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 03:30:27 PM »

Thing is though mate that the draws are pretty crap as well.

I'd be doing 4 bets, covering two wins, two draws, win/draw and draw/win.

You'd still cover you money and only lose if the best of the combinations happened.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:39:28 PM by markecky »

Jacobs

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »

Hello a class idea by whoever suggested a win win situation if either drop points you lose a tenner but i would easily hand a tenner over now to god oer whoever for these results to come in, if they do both get results which they predictabily will you might as well cash in and save the money for the race night and stupidly out bid gary and flynny for the no.1 horse in the auction race for £ 99 instead of buying it at the normal price of bout £30, i think i will do the bet that ecky suggests cause it does contain greater value potentially

markecky

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »

I must credit my fellow s**t gambler Thomas G Jacobs for the inspiration on that one.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »

Not at all.  Just checking you hadn't copied and pasted it from somewhere else and had unwittingly give them a commision.

A site like Non League Betting does a similar job  :D

Ah good stuff.

Of course it's each to their own how they go about it; hedge your bets and almost guarantee something good happening or just go for the one double and potentially win big but have the possibility of draws occurring which won't help your bet nor will it help Alty as much as a defeat.

Whilst we're on the subject of betting Milan look fantastic odds at 3/1 tonight. Kaka versus Fletcher, no contest!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:14:46 PM by Jimmy Hill »

Jacobs

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

I disagree draws do help, Right not saying we will win on saturday but say we do (I am not currently confident), draws help because that means grays have to win on saturday to catch us which i know sounds obvious is much harder than not losing at Morecambe which could also mean a draw may be enough on saturday, also that puts the pressure on Halifax who would need to win also

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »

Thing is though mate that the draws are pretty crap as well.

I'd be doing 4 bets, covering two wins, two draws, win/draw and draw/win.

You'd still cover you money and only lose if the best of the combinations happened.

So what's the best bet to do then? Bear in mind I don't want to merely cover my stake and only make a fraction of a profit.

n.b. If you did double chance at ladbrokes. Grays to either win or draw (1.14) and Halifax to either win or draw (1.19) then you would get total odds of 1.3566 or roughly 1/3.

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 05:13:59 PM »

So what's the best bet to do then?

Keep your money firmly placed in your pocket and save it for beer to oil the throat for saturday, you'll need it for singing!

A good chant will go a lot further than a misplaced bet lads, wish i was chanting with you but i'll be there in spirit.

One last time......

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money or Hope