News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SEASONS OVER FOR DAGENHAM

Author Topic: SEASONS OVER FOR DAGENHAM  (Read 3378 times)

Jacko

« on: April 09, 2007, 09:30:29 PM »

I dont see why we cant turn them over providing little's got his game face on, surely they wont like a scrap now there up,
lets make the tamworth game less important i say! ;)

fgrfan

Re: SEASONS OVER FOR DAGENHAM
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:33:32 PM »

i reckon you'll beat daggers easy. a couple of seasons back they had been guaranteed a play off spot so when they played fgr they brought a squad of second string players and we won 5-2.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:39:11 PM »

The Dagenham game will be anything but easy. With the injuries we currently have I would be delighted to get a point on Saturday.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:56:28 PM »

SG Alty, you are right, as Cambridge found out,  today was the day to catch D and R on the hop......I have a bad feeling that we may catch them on a care free rebound with a week's recovery from their celebration on Saturday, a point would be huge there but I can't see it, as stated elsewhere on the forum its coming down to the Tamworth game.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 09:58:26 PM »

Don't forget that Dagenham & Redbridge have the dubious pleasure of an evening at Mike Connett's folly in Northwich on Wednesday.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 10:23:58 PM »

I suspect they will be in holiday mode - even if subconsciously. They will also be a bit knackered from playing Witton Vics

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »

Lets hope so and I hope Rod gets a run out

altyf

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »

I think that Dagenham will outclass us to be honest. Having nothing to play for may mean that they can play the game with no pressure the way they want it and they'll want to put on a show to prove to the fans that they are a football league side. Never know with Alty though!

lukealty12

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 11:22:02 AM »

i think it will still be tough but a point off the champions wouldnt be so bad . And if we win we can go to tamworth and put them down :P

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 03:35:42 PM »

i reckon you'll beat daggers easy. a couple of seasons back they had been guaranteed a play off spot so when they played fgr they brought a squad of second string players and we won 5-2.

Great, so if they were to rest some first teamers after their herculean efforts this year and play second string youngsters against us the Peakey would remember this and not be making a fromal complaint. Excellent.  :)

p.s. Please tell me it's not true that he was ringing up mithering Cambridge on Saturday trying to check up on D & R and whether they were playing a full team?

fgrfan

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 05:48:03 PM »

i just support my club and don't really care what he tries to do. i'm just there to support the team and help them achieve succsess

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:54:42 PM »

That's fair enough.  8)

T.A

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »

dagenham play tonight so they could be tired.  1 point will do :)

Altyant

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »

Great, so if they were to rest some first teamers after their herculean efforts this year and play second string youngsters against us the Peakey would remember this and not be making a fromal complaint. Excellent.  :)

p.s. Please tell me it's not true that he was ringing up mithering Cambridge on Saturday trying to check up on D & R and whether they were playing a full team?

I think they played the reserve keeper?

If we got a point I would be really happy.

Maybe we could form a guard of honour for them in the hope they may appreciate it and take things easy on us!!! :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team