PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 st albans game could make or brake us
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: st albans game could make or brake us  (Read 5329 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:18:39 PM »

I feel if we lose there we will be low on conf for gravesend who are  a good side , taking that we could get nothing from daggers, tamworth and aldershot may ned to be 4 points.its just so tight.if we win or draw there i think we may only need another win.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: st albans game could make or brake us
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 10:24:07 PM »

It's actually so tight, that a win there could see us over the line.
At the very least we'll then have the opportunity to play for survival at home on Easter Monday!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 10:29:26 PM »

if we beat stale buns they cannot overtake us

if scouseport loose their next two, they cannot beat us, if they draw the next 2 they cannot beat us. if they win one and loose one could go to goal difference

above these two  it gets  really tricky !!

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »

forgot to add that for ...............

if they win one and loose one could go to goal difference

the results  would have to be mirrored for the remaining games

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 10:39:15 PM »

St Albans and Southport have gone - definitely.
It's the next two places which are up for grabs (!)

4 points, and I can't see at least Tamworth or Halifax overtaking us - and that would be enough.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

smithers

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 11:33:40 AM »

I think a win vs St Albans is the finishing line. we've really got to go at them. Sure they'll be up for it too but they're the bottom team at the end of the day. Im Ssure the lads will be well up for it knowing a win will pretty much see us home. Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »

I think 3 points might just see us fall short on goal difference - but I hope you're right!

teasybeaver

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »

Knowing how erratic results have been for the clubs around us I would say 50 points will not be enough. No way.

I do think we'll win a game over easter and 52 points might be enough. can see a couple of draws coming our way

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »

I am still going for 52 points. So tempted to travel to St Albans but it is so far.

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »

Win at St. Albans and draw with G&N and I think we can start relaxing a little. The way other results are going, it should be enough. St. Albans already feel they are relegated, which will make things a little easier for us. Morecambes win last night did us an enormous favour. Has the Tammy bubble burst? Suddenly they don't look so hot. FGR can't buy a win anymore and neither can Grays or Halifax. Southport need to win all 5 of their remaining games to stay up (they won't). Conclusion - a win and a draw and by Monday we'll all be feeling ok. That's an ideal world of course, but this is the Alty-world, which means losing both games and winning at Dags!
AltyBri

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »

Win at St. Albans and draw with G&N and I think we can start relaxing a little. The way other results are going, it should be enough. St. Albans already feel they are relegated, which will make things a little easier for us.

Relaxing before we are mathematically safe is simply not going to be possible. Furthermore, if we go to St Albans expecting an easy ride we will get turned over, make no mistake. It will be our toughest game of the season without any doubt.

teasybeaver

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »

Win at St. Albans and draw with G&N and I think we can start relaxing a little. The way other results are going, it should be enough. St. Albans already feel they are relegated, which will make things a little easier for us.

Relaxing before we are mathematically safe is simply not going to be possible. Furthermore, if we go to St Albans expecting an easy ride we will get turned over, make no mistake. It will be our toughest game of the season without any doubt.

Definately true! Their fans might be consigned to relegation but they have a long standing manager and he'll be able to get the players up for Alty. In my opinion they were worse than dreadful at our place and they'll still want to put that to bed! Tough, it will be!

We may get 2 wins over easter but that still wont make us safe, comfort only comes in May for the Alty fan, not even then last bloody season!

tonybrads

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »

jenga get to st albans you wuss lol

Butty

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »

i honestly don't know how many points we will need 4 survival, but i reckon even 52 isnt enough. i know alty and their luck too well for that. we need to win at least 3 of our games to be sure were safe, but all we can do is stop doubting the lads and get down to the games a s much as possible and get behind the lads.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 07:17:05 PM »

I still think 53 will be needed.....and I believe we will do it.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team