News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CLASSIC MOSS LANE MOMENT

Author Topic: CLASSIC MOSS LANE MOMENT  (Read 2237 times)

Frosty

CLASSIC MOSS LANE MOMENT
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:37:13 PM »

I cast my mind back some years when a young lad was stood in the Golf Road end wearing a Macclesfield top of all things. He was promptly at the receiving end of some abuse, and started to cry.

HE HE

Then he was seen later that season at another game with an Alty top on!!!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: CLASSIC MOSS LANE MOMENT
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »

remember that well :D

markecky

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »

I remember that as well.  There was a big debate on the old forum about it. Some say we should welcome other clubs fans, some saying he should have been cuffed to the floodlights. 

I was all for chasing him  across Stanny Park en masse.

He really couldn't see what the problem was.

With our bank of singers now, he'd be lucky to get out alive. Poor lad.  At least he realised the error of his ways.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »

I was on stewarding duty that day and had to comfort the poor lad who was really too young and naive to know any better and while some of the banter was funny (and even he saw the funny side) I reckon it went a bit too far on the abusive side...especially as the lad obviously had brains and returned with an Alty top on....who knows? maybe the sympathy and kind words he recieved persuaded him to see the light and he defected???

He was a really nice lad and had come to watch his old Macc hero Leroy Chambers play.

On a different occasion, that wozza B Red from Alfreton got his deserts though when he stood on the advertising hoardings that day and I would say we didn't go far enough on the abusive stakes that day.

Anyway, that's one reason i gave up stewarding...trying to be unpartisan watching the match was bad enough but being nice to Macc/Vics/Alfreton fans?...too difficult.

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »

Remember a really mild twinge of guilt as we hurled some horific abuse knowing he was around my age and clearly fearing for his safety!

But I mean come on.....In the golf road wearing that? He must have been a bigger fruitcake than our beloved kenny!

We need to start a campaign to find this guy? Surely he's been back since, would he have the nerve to admit it was him?

joe

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »

The poor youngster in question now works at the McDonalds on Urmston retail park and watches Trafford. I've seen him at numerous Trafford games whenever I've ventured down there.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »

Do you think he got the McD's in Alty shut out of revenge?  ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 11:03:08 AM »

The poor youngster in question now works at the McDonalds on Urmston retail park and watches Trafford. I've seen him at numerous Trafford games whenever I've ventured down there.

so you've been to Trafford games and found out he works in McDonalds in Urmston or vice versa Joseph?  ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CLASSIC MOSS LANE MOMENT