PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport free admission offer
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Southport free admission offer  (Read 4201 times)

Red N White Dynamite

« on: April 02, 2007, 11:42:33 AM »

Southport to let fans in for free 
Southport will let fans who attend the Easter Monday match with Burton Albion in free for their final home game.
The Conference strugglers will also give season-ticket holders a free ticket to bring a friend to their match against York on 21 April.

Chairman Charlie Clapham told his club's website: "In a very difficult season our supporters, home and away, have been superb, right behind us."
"We therefore feel a thank-you gesture is the least we can do." 

I take it he's never read Portchat then.

markecky

Re: Southport free admission offer
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 12:10:28 PM »

It must be great to have money stashed away so you can miss a full games receipts.

Not to sure how long that will last though Charlie.....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:58:23 PM »

In situations like this and seeing as they have already paid their admission fee, do all the season ticket holders get a refund?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:58:29 PM »

The Conference strugglers will also give season-ticket holders a free ticket to bring a friend to their match against York on 21 April.

probably not, maybe thats why they are doing this.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:13:12 PM »

It must be great to have money stashed away so you can miss a full games receipts.

Not to sure how long that will last though Charlie.....

Well its a good idea, shame their not doing too well, maybe just the trick to get their players to perform better. And raises the profile of their club. Whilst giving the board insight into how many fans would watch.

As for gate receipts, i expect southport be expecting around 2,500 - 3000, the extra revenues through sponsorship, merchandise, food, drink etc may well make up the short fall.

Its something our club should be doing, to try and increase the attendances here at moss lane. Even our club has made a 9K ops profit (more than a weeks wages). Maybe they have too??

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »

Casper, you miss the point. Only people who agttend BHM will get in free!

Away supporters and people that miss the first game will have to pay.

I would be suprised if it adds 200 to the gate.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »

all it will mean is that the club lose out on money.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:20:24 PM »

Still not sure whether we could yet do this. I have a mate coming to the Aldershot game who has never been before, so that's one more on the gate!

As long as we keep adding the 50-100 onto our hardcore base each season as we have been recently, then the future is looking very good I think.

Ooh, is this my 100th post?

Altyant

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »

Casper, you miss the point. Only people who agttend BHM will get in free!

Away supporters and people that miss the first game will have to pay.

I would be suprised if it adds 200 to the gate.

I guess if they were to get thrasshed on BHM not many would want to return

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:27:18 PM »

That's a good point.
Do you think they're clever enough to realise that the only ones who would benefit from free admission offer would be the regular supporters and they're doing it this way to (a) look good whilst it's not going to cost them as much as if they made it free for everyone, and more importantly perhaps (b) if they let waverers or part-time supporters in free and they get banjoed, they'll never come again?  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 11:07:32 AM »

Well its a good idea, shame their not doing too well, maybe just the trick to get their players to perform better. And raises the profile of their club. Whilst giving the board insight into how many fans would watch.

As for gate receipts, i expect southport be expecting around 2,500 - 3000, the extra revenues through sponsorship, merchandise, food, drink etc may well make up the short fall.

Its something our club should be doing, to try and increase the attendances here at moss lane. Even our club has made a 9K ops profit (more than a weeks wages). Maybe they have too??
[/quote]

it is not a shame they are not doing too well (Charlie Clapham). There will not be 2500 there unless the offer applies to York fans too.

I am also led to believe that Southports piss poor catering is seperate from the club, or that if the attendance is over 1000 the caterers get 80% of the profits or something like that.

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 03:48:11 PM »

How about the Aldershot game free of charge, whether we have something to play for or not?

teasybeaver

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 04:44:33 PM »

I still think buy one get one free would go down a treat. The majority of fans would bring a stranger, if we can market it that way it has potential.

Free game is just financial suicide in my eyes. The club dont owe us anything, no need to thank the fans in that way. It needs to be made obvious that its purely to get new fans through the turnstiles.

Ive never brought anyone to an Alty game who didnt want to come back. You always get people acting shocked cos they thought it would be awful but in fact they love it!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »

I still think buy one get one free would go down a treat. The majority of fans would bring a stranger, if we can market it that way it has potential.

Free game is just financial suicide in my eyes. The club dont owe us anything, no need to thank the fans in that way. It needs to be made obvious that its purely to get new fans through the turnstiles.

Ive never brought anyone to an Alty game who didnt want to come back. You always get people acting shocked cos they thought it would be awful but in fact they love it!

agree!

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »

Bringing along friends and word of mouth is always the best way to do it. In the long run, the new setup with all the junior teams starting next season will be a godsend. What better way to introduce youngsters (and their parents & families) to the football club?!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team