News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances

Author Topic: Attendances  (Read 2146 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Attendances
« on: March 28, 2007, 07:24:09 PM »

Alty fans in attendance thread shocker :)

For those of you interested in this type of thing, last nights attendance pushed us past last seasons aggregate with a game to spare. 22730 (ave 1137) from 20 games as opposed to 22006 (1048) from 21. Just generally nice to see a rise in attendances. Regardless off decent gates v Vics, Oxford and Southport I'd say we've averaged about 80-100 new home fans per game. In order to average 100 more than last season (i.e.1048) we'd need to pull in 3674 from the last 3 fixtures. Unlikely as Exeter will bring a few, G&N won't and it'll be our lowest gate and Aldershot may either bring loads for a party or an unlikely play off spot.

Last seasons lowest 688 v G&N, highest 1447 v Morecambe
This season 886 v Woking / 2330 v Vics.

Ahem, bollocks. Lowest gate (so far :-X is 829 against Grays last week)

Interesting to note that since 1986-87  this would only be the 5th time we've averaged over a thousand.

1986/7 -  1349
1990/91 when we were awesome 1385
1994-95 Maunders/Spurs year 1002
Last season 1048 and so far 1137 this year.

Just like to say in a none embarrassing ssort of way well done to everyone, ML is a cracking atmos, esp as because I'm a dawdler when I get around to the corner (when we shoot towards Chequers) I seem to have to stand further down the side due to increased numbers (welcome aboard Jim Fallon, hope you've enjoyed coming down and all others).

There's a pertinent photo in the sponsors lounge of a Unibond game where you can stand where you bloody like in that corner and it doesn't take long to identify the hard core. Maybe that was from the 2003-2004 Unibond season where we averaged 584  8) (A 94.69178% increase I think)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 07:29:07 PM by Ballers »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Attendances
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 07:34:18 PM »

may be need less but needs to be said, are you very bored ballers? only there is some hardcore maths there! are you john laidlar in disguise?

Altyarethekings

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »

COME ON ALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!111 ;D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »

Its certainly a positive thing to see the increase in attendances, especially as there are clearly home fans who are new or returning. It is VERY easy to lose home support but even more difficult to win it back again. The 1 or 2 game a season fans are one thing, but to increase the hardcore week in week out type then is fantastic. Hopefully survival this year will see this trend continue, who knows a 1200 average next season to aim for?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 04:56:53 PM »

If we manage to stay up (and I think we're going to - even thought it'll go to the wire  :-\  :o), and Wrexham or Macc come down I think we've got an outside chance of hitting the 1200 mark - especially if we look to be doing even better on the field!
Fingers crossed  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Altysmiffy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »

Of course, if Accrington are relegated, the 17 travelling support may not help our attendances!

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:23:15 PM »

Of course, if Accrington are relegated, the 17 travelling support may not help our attendances!

Mind you if we offered them free entry they'd still be stood outside watching!!  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances