News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanfare

Author Topic: Fanfare  (Read 3160 times)

thegazelle

Fanfare
« on: March 08, 2007, 04:26:21 AM »

Just sat down and thought about this and feel i need to discuss heritage with the chap who put in capitals that fanfare  needs changing now "for the good of the club"

Sorry young man but learn your historythat tune is as much alty as The golf road, heathcote, , brian sweeney,kenny,johnny king, big bill, slob slob, jeff johnson,  etc etc etc etc
i know i am a tad tipsy but stop it now and let us recall the good days
and before you argue

liverpool seem still to be ok with you'll never walk alone

markecky

Re: Fanfare
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 08:17:44 AM »

I am with the Gazelle on this one.  I suggested to Rafo that he replace the temporarily lost tune with Faithless on Tuesday.  This was never meant to be a long term measure.

Fanfare for the Common Man is our tune.

I program my CD player with it in the mornings and I always get out of bed on the "dun der dune der dun der dun" bit and run down the bedroom clapping imaginary fans on each side.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:42:20 AM »

Lads i knew this would be the response and my previous post was nt really serious, since i can remember fanfare has been at Moss Lane and i to hold a soft spot for it. However in the position we are in i feel that trying out new tunes that inspire unity and hope such as We come one, This is the one or the Great Escape cant do any harm  and set the tone for the whole 90 mins. We could revert to Fanfare when we are safe from relegation or play it at half time      ?

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:49:47 AM »

I do feel that rafo needs further training in order to maximise the hairs standing up on your neck reation to the fanfare.

Players names should be read out in the exacty right interval between dur-dur and dur-durrrrr in order to time the fans cheer and the player's casual wave to the fans in acknowledgement before the next players name is read out.

Also the music should go on a bit longer so the players kick about and the ref shaking hands with the captains has more atmospheric appeal.

And it needs to be louder too....so it shakes the tiles on the roofs of the surrounding houses...can't see any reason why this is not done.

The timing of the intro is excellent with ray signalling up to the pa box when the players are lined up in the tunnel, there should be a moments pause while the intro starts, the crowd cheers in the anticipation of the first sight of the Alty heroes before the players actually emerge....Rafo has this down to perfection.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:28:31 AM »

Jezza, Jezza, Jezza.....

I take it you have never witnessed first hand the joys of our PA equipment.  As for further training..well some training would have been great for me and rafo!

I put the PA system together when the last one got nicked.

It is an amp, running through another amp to make the first amp loud enough to hear.  We also suffer from squirrels chewing through the speaker cables whcih doesn't help the volume.

As for playing fanfare when the teams run out and speaking at the same time, its not possible at the moment. 

You have to disconnect the portable saisho (£9.99) walkman from the amp and plug in the mike, then swop them back.  When Rafo gets the signal from ray he has to swop the CD from the general music one to the fanfare one but then has to time how long he will need to get through the teams before kick off.  On cold nights you have to make sure the CD wire is at the correct angle or it buzzes louder than the Gold Road after the fifth on Tuesday.

So in defence of DJ Rafo, he does the best he can with the tools he has.

(obviously tongue in cheek mate, but people would be shocked if they saw our setup!)

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »

I dunno...makes us sound a real Mickey Mouse outfit doesn't it?

Looks so professional when Rafo leans out of the pa box microphone in hand giving it large.

I think if you stick your fingers into the Amp socket it should be possible to mainline the whole current into the second amp and creat a sort of woofer effect....would this help?...(tee hee.)

Who'd be a professional music critque eh?

Sound like you used parts from that car you drove to gateshead and back once.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »

I forgot to mention when Rafo revolutionised the whole system, and bought his own cordless mike so he could have a fag and do the charity announcments at half time.

Ah a mention of the fan beltless B reg Maestro with MW wave...happy times mate.  Looked like a tank, drove like a tank.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 01:09:29 PM »

Aaaaargh, I was going to search on the old forum for your Gateshead story. GARY, WHERE'S THE LINK TO THE OLD FORUM GONE? Can it not be accessed anymore? Many a good afternoon spent trawling through that?

WHERE IS THE OLD FORUM LINK FFS?
Anyway, the Gateshead story made me laugh so much I actually printed it out. It's in here somewhere, when I've got a bit of time I'll type it out word for word. Class.

Right, Fanfare. It is sullied by the fact that we have to come out at the same time as the oppo. It's not for them, it's for us. IS there seriously no way we can tell the conference to f off on this one and just play it when Alty come out? ALso, why over the course of the last few seaasons have we not always attacked the 'Chequers' end in the first half. Don't say we lose the toss cos I'm pretty certain that all through the 80s we used to shoot that way 1st half 85-90% of the time.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »

Does anyone remember that lively trumpet style song they used to play at full time a few years ago? I particularly remember it from 90/91.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »

Does anyone remember that lively trumpet style song they used to play at full time a few years ago? I particularly remember it from 90/91.

This can be heard on the end of the Chester video and (if my memory serves me correctly) on the end of the Barnet video as well.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 02:23:48 PM »

I thought that the trumpet on the Barnet video was played by Gaz Stuart.  Legendary

(The above post will only mean something to about five people)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »

I thought that the trumpet on the Barnet video was played by Gaz Stuart.  Legendary

(The above post will only mean something to about five people)

That is one of the highlights of the video! It's just a shame there is no footage available of the airhorn that got jammed on. Can't remember what game it was though.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanfare