News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham & Sale West Election result

Author Topic: Altrincham & Sale West Election result  (Read 2619 times)

baldrick

« on: May 07, 2010, 09:08:17 AM »

Graham Brady   Conservative  24,176 48.9%  +1.9%
Jane Brophy   Liberal Democrat 12,581 25.5%  +3.6%
Tom Ross   Labour 11,073 22.4%  -7.0%
Kenneth Bullman   UK Independence Party 1,563 3.2%  +1.5%

Majority 11,595 23.5% 
Turnout 49,393 69.3 +1.5%

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham & Sale West Election result
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

Great news for altrincham and sale,a local man with principles that far overshadow his political ambition,and that holds the joint towns and local concerns and issues close to his heart.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 09:32:16 AM »

Is this the same "man of principle" who was one of the culprits in the expenses scandal?
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »

Is this the same "man of principle" who was one of the culprits in the expenses scandal?

A simple typo. He's a man of PRINCIPAL and that principal is Graham Brady.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 10:22:42 AM »

Dont let your political alligences cloud what is fundimentally best for the town.I think him overclaiming for a milk frother is hardly an expenses scandal.And its not just MPs that fiddle expenses,most of the country are at it.Red Blue or Yellow having a local man as an MP is a great comodity

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:57:49 PM »

He resigned from the front bench putting the interests of the constituency first.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:05:29 PM »

He resigned from the front bench putting the interests of the constituency first.

He resigned from the front bench putting his personal ambition first like all current politicians then got the spin doctors to present it as a selfless act.

I almost ran him over last night in Timperley as, whatever other qualities one may argue that he has, he sure doesn't know the green cross code.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:12:37 PM »

He resigned from the front bench putting his personal ambition first like all current politicians then got the spin doctors to present it as a selfless act.

I almost ran him over last night in Timperley as, whatever other qualities one may argue that he has, he sure doesn't know the green cross code.

If he was putting personal ambition first he would have stayed on the front bench, he could quite easily have been Education Secretary (my source: The Conservatives)

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »

If he was putting personal ambition first he would have stayed on the front bench, he could quite easily have been Education Secretary (my source: The Conservatives)

There were extremely strong rumours he would have been pushed had he not jumped.

That said, I'm in favour of grammar schools, so respect his stance on that issue.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »

There were extremely strong rumours he would have been pushed had he not jumped.

That said, I'm in favour of grammar schools, so respect his stance on that issue.

Thats why he would/could have been pushed as he was going against Camerons Liberal agenda. His stance on grammars and secondary moderns is highly laudable.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »

you probably went to one ?

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 09:42:18 PM »

they took a long time counting those votes too. The announcement didnt come till 5.30am.

It's really hard to see what the MP has / can do for the area, you just need to count the empty shops in altrincham town centre to see alty is worse now than it was 10 years ago.

As for Graham, his constituency has a lot of grammar schools, which was one of the reasons for him putting his feet up on the back benches. you would have thought with such a safe seat, we'd have a more influencial member of possibly the next government. Perhaps we need to engage more with the MP as a football club to further highlight the financial pressures on the sport.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »

I thought he claimed £1000 for a sofa and the rules say you can only claim £500 so he paid back £500...and that was it.

Apart from being an enemy of taxi drivers I have always found Mr Brady helpful with my concerns which have included the footballl club twice and the RBS scandal....although the labour minister in charge of the banking crisis could not supply any sort of answer to the simple question what the f**&^ will happen to my shareholding that was worth £20k Mr Brady relayed this info promptly and with understanding....and he most definetly put a glittering career on the back seat for his principles with the grammar school thing.

ATS if you are ever in salford please actually run over labour sleazeball Hazel blears who earned herself a fortune by flipping and avoiding capital gains tax when she sold her second no first no second home....somehow she also held onto her seat....and any spin doctoring was labours fault as they invented the f$%&^ing idea as a cover up for tax and spend.

BROWN OUT
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team