Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Doughty and Densmore due to face suspensions?

Author Topic: Doughty and Densmore due to face suspensions?  (Read 2133 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »

Following their bookings at Burton yesterday, are Doughty and Densmore both now facing a one match suspension?

And, if so, when would their respective bans commence?

Knowing our luck, it will probably be for the Vics game at Moss Lane....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altyf

Re: Doughty and Densmore due to face suspensions?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:01:41 PM »

Almost certain that it is 7 days after so they will both miss the Vics game

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »

If we've lost these two for the game against Steve King's Southern Victoria All Stars then I genuinely worry about whether we'll get anything from it, especially when you consider we'll be without Little and Senior too.
Come on Alty!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:22:25 PM »

If we've lost these two for the game against Steve King's Southern Victoria All Stars then I genuinely worry about whether we'll get anything from it, especially when you consider we'll be without Little and Senior too.
If the Vics play as badly as they did on boxing day. We could play our youth team and win.
They really should be beating teams like us

markecky

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »

If the Vics play as badly as they did on boxing day. We could play our youth team and win.

Chester, since the match on Boxing Day Vics have come into money lost everything and taken on massive earners

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »

What really sticks in my throat is that we would more than likely have murdered them on New Year's Day and I think there's a better than average chance we'll lose it a week on Tuesday.

I'm sorry to come across so negative but I can see the way it's shaping up and I really don't like it.
Come on Alty!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 10:51:49 PM »

Chester, since the match on Boxing Day Vics have come into money lost everything and taken on massive earners
It didn't do them any good at Weymuff. I hoping that they beat Woking. I don't want their next win happen when they play us.
They really should be beating teams like us

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 11:07:35 PM »

I thought both would be banned but this was on the website last week.

19 January 2009
BOOKINGS AND BANS
 Following his sending off at Oxford on Saturday, Anthony Danylyk is to be suspended for one match, which will be against Burton Albion on Saturday next (24th). His yellow card count now reverts to four as his fifth card, received at Oxford, was an element in his sending off when he picked up a second caution; so that card does not also count as a fifth yellow for suspension purposes.
Matt Doughty (right) has apparently not received five cautions this season as earlier reported so he remains free to play. However, Greg Young has picked up five yellows but, because one of them was in the Cheshire Senior Cup which the disciplinary authorities do not count as a first-team game (even though the Cheshire County FA does!), he will not be suspended unless he picks up a fifth league booking.

------------------------------------------------

So, no mention of Densmore. We'll have to wait for an update but he was hovering around a ban.

Doughty will be suspended for 1 game from Jan 31st (i.e at home to Vics).

Danylyk and Young will be free to play on Tuesday but if either get booked against York would be banned from 3rd Feb for a game (presumably this means they'd miss the Eastbourne game).

In other news, Northwich are still sh*t judging by this weekends results.

JT

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 07:57:20 AM »

Although we are 8th in the fair play, like it says on the main site, it's the same players that keep on getting booked for us! Danylyk, Lane, Lawton, Densmore and Doughty.  Fingers crossed that neither Greg or Danylyk get booked on Tuesday.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team