PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY FANS' WIVES
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ALTY FANS' WIVES  (Read 4965 times)

highwayman

Re: ALTY FANS' WIVES
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 06:33:31 AM »

OK, thanks Alty Fans Forum Brains Trust.

To summarise, my options appear to be:-

Go.... and schmooze Stavros so that he puts Sky Sports News on the big screen
Don't go.... and send the milkman instead
Go.... and buy a day old Sunday paper
Don't go...full stop!
Don't go.... and convince my wife that rather than going to Greece, Greece will come to Moss Lane in the form of the Grecians (ECFC)
Go.... and enjoy myself????
Go.... and find an Internet cafe for 2 hours on a Staurday and try to work out what time kick-off is Greek time?

So that's 4 Go's and 3 Don't Go's - a majority decision has been made. I am going to have to go and grin and bear it.

I have also the offer from SW of permanently staying in Crete if we go on the longest winning run in professional football history and missing out on four successive championships and subsequent promotions, a Premiership and Champions League victory in the next 6 glorious seasons!

To avoid Alty/holiday conflicts happening in the future, I need to convert my wife to the cause - any ideas?

louise1925

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 08:48:17 AM »

Been trying for years, so forget it.

tiggeralty

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »

I have been to four ALTY matches, the first one was so boring I was going home but we won 5-0, I haven't been since we played Port Vale at Moss Lane and was scared by their fans after the match, so I do support ALTY I just can't see the harm in missing one match.

highwayman

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »

With apologies to John Denver and Peter, Paul and Mary...

"My bags are packed
I’m ready to go
I’m standing here outside Moss Lane
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye...."

Unless I get a last minute reprieve or there's a lightning strike by baggage handlers or... I am going to miss the BIG KICK-OFF

So, to all Alty fans...have a good one, make some noise and give as good as you get! I will be there in spirit if not in body..

Perhaps the Golf Road End can sing The Highwayman's Lament for me..with apologies to Adam Ant...

Stand and Deliver (whoa, whoa)
You're Alty all your Life
Try to bring the missus (whoa, whoa)
The trouble and the strife

Cheers

The Highwayman

highwayman

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 08:37:44 AM »

Just got back from 38 degrees in Crete - lots of sun, sea, sand and sex...totally relaxed.

Not able to follow the BSP out there so to find that Alty have 1 point out of 9 is disappointing but not wholly unexpected. Still relaxed about it, though.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but...

I didn't expect anything from Exeter, which is what we got
I hoped for a point from Hal;ifax, which is what we got, and
I hoped for a point at FGR, which is not what we got.

So to have 1 point rather than a hoped for 2 is, as I say, disappointing but not wholly unexpected and, to be honest, neither here nor there over a 46 game season.

Being away for the Big Kick-Off has been very frustrating, so for me, this coming Saturday is where it all begins. Indeed the coming weekend looks like an opportunity to kickstart the Alty season.

Based on last season, I would have earmarked Grays at home at a "must-win" game but they seemed to have got off to a flyer so I am not so sure now.

Stafford away must also be earmarked as a "must-win" especially as they mugged us twice last season.

Two wins will breed massive confidence and we will be able to kick on.

Of course, both Grays and Stafford will be looking at the Alty games as "must-wins" as well.

Let's be positive and  give GH and the lads our full support

Now is the time to....

STAND AND DELIVER
YOU'RE ALTY ALL YOUR LIFE

The Dandy Highwayman
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY FANS' WIVES