PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should we have been on live tv?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should we have been on live tv?  (Read 6927 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Should we have been on live tv?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »

My point is that they prioritised their home game against D&R last Saturday which they won 2-1. Presumably they thought their chances of winning that game would be jepordised by playing less than 2 days earlier 170 miles away. 

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »

I'm very disappointed that we missed out on the money, but to be fair to Luton I think it's right they don't let the TV company's preference bugger up their preparations for games.

I strongly criticised Setanta on here for choosing Tranmere vs Accrington over us. Clearly I was wrong there, but I dislike moving fixtures to ridiculous dates just to fill up TV schedule so I'm sticking with the opinion that I'm not a great lover of any of the TV companies when it comes to footy. It should be about the players and the fans in attendance, not half-arsed armchair supporters.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »

there playing rochdale. IN ROCHDALE could have just satyed in manchester for 2 nights (the fans could have made a session of it while they were at it)

If the game had been televised, it would have been on last Thursday, not tomorrow, so it was the D&R game it would have been close to, not the Rochdale one.

Hugely disappointing that they didn't want to move the game from our point of view but if Luton felt it would harm their prospects on the field, I kind of think that's fair enough. What is galling though is that their directors were aparently banging on about how desperately hard up they are and then they go and turn down £37000.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »

Wasn't Crawley v Ebbsfleet moved to this thursday so they could show Northampton v Leeds on Monday?
They really should be beating teams like us

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 02:49:55 PM »

The match that Setanta chose when Luton turned them down (Tranmere v Accrington) was played last Thursday so I assume that's when we'd have been shown had Luton agreed to it.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 02:52:18 PM »

I dont agree with TV companies ruining traditional football times and dates for kick offs. But for £37,000 I would have gladly paid on a Thursday.

That is a HUGE loss to the Club.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »

The match that Setanta chose when Luton turned them down (Tranmere v Accrington) was played last Thursday so I assume that's when we'd have been shown had Luton agreed to it.
What I am asking is was the Crawley game moved to the thursday from monday?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »

Looks like it:

http://www.crawleytownfc.net/newsdetails.php?ID=920

It's unrelated to the Alty v Luton issues though, isn't it?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 03:25:35 PM »

Looks like it:

The point I am making is they move the Crawley game so they could show Northampton and Leeds. They maybe could have show us v Luton this thursday, instead of Northampton v Leeds and kept the Crawley game on the Monday.

mikeford2005

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 04:11:40 PM »

Looks like it:

The point I am making is they move the Crawley game so they could show Northampton and Leeds. They maybe could have show us v Luton this thursday, instead of Northampton v Leeds and kept the Crawley game on the Monday.
No i don't think so. Setanta had two spots of the FA cup. Last thursday and monday. They were always going to show Leeds, and that would have left last thursday open for us.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »

of course its galling that we lose out on that money, but actually i feel like applauding them for making decisions based on football rather than money

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 06:04:29 PM »

They're entirely in their rights to do so. However, they/their directors now need to stop bleating on about how skint and hard done by they are as it's clearly all bollocks.

Personally I think they should've taken the £37k to try and push for promotion back to the football league next year.

Plus, they may have been wracked by injuries/suspensions a bit more last thursday.

mikeford2005

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 06:07:40 PM »

This is the first time i've heard of a team refusing to be on tele, is it something all teams can do including BSP teams on Setanta, or just a FA cup thing?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 01:33:59 AM »

Looks like it:

No i don't think so. Setanta had two spots of the FA cup. Last thursday and monday. They were always going to show Leeds, and that would have left last thursday open for us.
I almost missed our highlights last night because according to the Daily Star TV guide last weekend it had the F.A. Cup highlights on Thursday night(tonight). I only caught them switching over during the break watching the Longest Yard( if anybody was interested). So I presume they thought there was going to be a game tonight to put the highlights on a strange day.
Now I could be completely wrong and could be made to look silly. It wouldn't be the first time.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should we have been on live tv?