PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Harford's post match comments
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Harford's post match comments  (Read 5044 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 08, 2008, 10:11:34 PM »

Why do managers feel they have to make these statements...

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/lut/Harford-We-were-the-best.4675586.jp

Erm, better side by a mile, yet only created one shot on target.
Dodgy keeper, who on 3 occasions ballsed up, we had a keeper who didn't make one mistake !
We ARE part time, and ARE a league lower, and I think we shaded it.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Harford's post match comments
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »

Unbelievable. What a total prat. I really think a man of his experience would not be so silly.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:03:16 AM »

On today's evidence Luton certainly would not finish in the play offs in the Conference. I have seen us play far better teams in the league this season. I spose Harford has to say that though as hardly creating a chance at home against a side the league below you is pretty embarrasing, we were comfortable. I wasn't that excited outside afterwards either, glad we got the replay but frankly they were such a mediocre side that it was not something to go OTT about. If we play to our potential at home we will beat them, just to finish as well the vocal support today was first class, better than the atmosphere at Weymouth in April for me and that's really saying something.

tpark2

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 12:29:56 AM »

He hasn't even given us any respect for anything we did today... better team by a mile i don't think so Mick

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:41:18 AM »

You are talking about a buy who didn't know if we were part time or not in the pre match interview.

I think he never gave us a thought

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »

Luton Town as a football club gave us no thought what so-ever. From call ing us 'Altrincham Town' to Graham Heathcote morphing in to John King.

Absolutly disgracful basic errors, if the result hadn't been favourable I would be well narked, but as its is I hope they get it right next season when we go.

I defo thought there was more there than 359, but as they were manually adding it up and issuing no tickets it could have any figure. They are going to fit  right into the BSP.
Full time and proud of it

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 12:13:38 PM »

Luton Town as a football club gave us no thought what so-ever. From call ing us 'Altrincham Town' to Graham Heathcote morphing in to John King.

Absolutly disgracful basic errors, if the result hadn't been favourable I would be well narked, but as its is I hope they get it right next season when we go.

I defo thought there was more there than 359, but as they were manually adding it up and issuing no tickets it could have any figure. They are going to fit  right into the BSP.

Yes 15 year old lads adding up.. although I thought roughly 2,500 were there.

I was also told to 'sit down' and I 'couldn't stand in the yellow area' AFTER THE GAME had finished ! I then asked how I could leave...

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »

I think the ignorance of Mick Harford's comments partly explains why GH and GB were able to complete such a total tactical victory yesterday - when was the last time we conceded fewer chances to a team away from home? The first priority in a game like that is to keep a clean sheet and we did that superbly.

Great credit to the management and the players for yesterday. Not many of us would have picked Warren for the game, I'd suggest, but I thought he did a really god job on containing their right-back and Densmore was similarly influential on the right. Tactically it was spot on and I thought we defended really well. Andy Ralph didn't have a lot to do but I thought he looked confident and composed. I also thought the subs worked out well and meant we looked the likelier side to grab a winner.

I can't see any reason why we can't win the replay. Luton looked to me no better than Oxford, Ebbsfleet, Mansfield... We've got to have a chance of the game being on TV, surely, if ITV/Setanta follow the usual formula of picking a non-league team at home to a league team. There's our cup history, Luton's recent problems, the fact Luton are still a relatively 'big' club for this level. The only reason they might not pick us is the possibility of Luton's fans using it as an opportunity to protest against the FA. It'd be a shame to miss out though because, whatever happens in the Alty/Luton and Southend/Telford replays, I can't see that round 2 game being televised.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 06:23:51 PM by Leon »

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 03:54:48 PM »

Luton = Full-time but unprofessional attitude
Alty = Part-time but professional attitude

They gave us no respect. In the replay we should give them as much respect as needed to put on a professional display against them and not one shred more than that!

Come on Alty.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »

I think the ignorance of Mick Harford's comments partly explains why GH and GB were able to complete such a total tactical victory yesterday - when was the last time we conceded fewer chances to a team away from home? The first priority in a game like that is to keep a clean sheet and we did that superbly.

Great credit to the management and the players for yesterday. Not many of us would have picked Warren for the game, I'd suggest, but I thought he did a really god job on containing their right-back and Densmore was similarly influential on the right. Tactically it was spot on and I thought we defended really well. Andy Ralph didn't have a lot to do but I thought he looked confident and composed. I also thought the subs worked out well and meant we looked the likelier side to grab a winner.

I can't see any reason why we can't win the replay. Luton looked to me no better than Oxford, Ebbsfleet, Mansfield... We've got to have a chance of the game being on TV, surely, if ITV/Setanta follow the usual formula of picking a non-league team at home to a league team. There's our cup history, Luton's recent problems, the fact Luton are still a relatively 'big' club for this level. The only reason they might not pick us is the possibility of Luton's fans using it as an opportunity to protest against the FA. It'd be a shame to miss out though because, whatever happens in the Alty/Luton and Southend/Telford replays, I can't see that round 2 game being on televised.

Leon, the voice of reason! Haha, in joke from the pub yesterday, but yes I agree, spot on. I'm unsure Luton will travel in numbers and/or use a televised game to make a protest that would embarrass the FA/TV. I saw one banner yesterday and yes, the gate was smaller than their average, however I feel that is as much to do with prices and the perception we were not an attraction as anything else. I'm personally not bothered if we are on or not, it would be nice to see the game as living down here I can't go midweek but I'd rather see a big crowd in and let some potential new fans get a taste.

Aside, great to meet some old friends yesterday after soooo long and good to get to put some faces to names on here. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 04:34:11 PM »

There were 2 banners yesterday all in the private box area one said fxxk the fa or something which the stewards asked them to cover up the fxxk bit and thats how it was spelt.
@AltyDaz

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »

Yes 15 year old lads adding up.. although I thought roughly 2,500 were there.

I was also told to 'sit down' and I 'couldn't stand in the yellow area' AFTER THE GAME had finished ! I then asked how I could leave...

I heard that there were 523 in the away end yesterday

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 04:57:56 PM »

That's about what Vics get at home these days isn' it? ;D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »

There is always a bit of creative accounting when receipts are shared, I'd estimate our following yesterday more around 400-450. Total crowd more 3500-3700 instead of the 3200 quoted. Alty in fact used to get 1058 every week back in the latter years of the NPL.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 08:51:29 PM »

There were 2 banners yesterday all in the private box area one said fxxk the fa or something which the stewards asked them to cover up the fxxk bit and thats how it was spelt.

Picture of the banner before it was removed http://www.onlinepictureproof.com/grphotography/albums/sport/11742/browse/23/?w=574&h=425
@AltyDaz
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team