PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Marcus Hallows court case Aston utd reaction
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Marcus Hallows court case Aston utd reaction  (Read 7129 times)

Jezza

Re: Marcus Hallows court case Aston utd reaction
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 07:49:54 AM »

Still think the crux of this comes down to the need for insurance....and the need  for the authorites to make this a requirement of membership.

When I go ski-ing I know there is a degree of risk that not only may I injure myself but a reckless snowboarder may scythe into my legs in a lift queue.....so I insure myself......but probably my insurers would insist on suing the reckless snowboarder which then puts the liability into the snowboarder's hands and if he wasn't insured then it becomes personal.

It would be interesting to know why the onus was not put on Marcus to have had/claimed on his own insurance and wether the above scenario is in fact what happened as I'd have thought Marcus had a legal responsibility to make efforts to cover himself....but similarly I think clubs should insure themselves against such claims.

The photoes show this was a reckless challenge,

I wonder what a ref would do if a player was running for a ball, the ref was in the way and the player recklessly pushed the ref out of the way causing career ending injury.....

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 08:25:01 AM »

I am very surprised that clubs dont have liability insurance in place and that it also covers such incidents.
Coaches are covered by their FACA membership, except in certain cases when running a business employing other staff, then they take out a different liability insurance.
Referees are covered for liability by their annual membership to the Referees Association. However according to the current edition of 'FIFA Laws of the Game page 23'  under 'Decision 1 of the FA Board', Referees are not liable for anything. I wonder why its necessary to have this rule in place, when according to some comments on this forum, Referees are never wrong or to blame for anything.

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 02:24:57 PM »

I doubt this rule would stand up to a court of law.

Interesting that FIFA feel this rule is needed but it does appear refs are totally untouchable.....while some say you can't have a game without a ref I'd dispute this and say it would be impossible to have a game without players and completely pointless to have a league pyramid without fans.

Butty

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »

That rule is just put in as a general disclaimer, like 'may contain nuts' or 'kills 99.9% of bacteria', it basically just absloves them from any blame should anything go wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Marcus Hallows court case Aston utd reaction