PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team with everyone fit?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Team with everyone fit?  (Read 7105 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team with everyone fit?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 01:32:50 PM »

I like 4 3 3 to be honest. 3 prong attack of Miller, Reeves and Clee but then defo will need 3 battlers in the middle of the park otherwise we are vulnerable to counter attacks.

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »

Potentially the correct formation but be hard to find 3 battlers at the club let alone in midfield

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 10:43:30 AM »

Potentially the correct formation but be hard to find 3 battlers at the club let alone in midfield

IF we can hang on to Jones

IF we can get Richman fit

IF we can get Moult out of his rut......

Three ifs is at least two too many I'm afraid.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 07:44:18 PM »

Everyone is free to their opinion but he often lost possession, more concerned about fouling than winning the ball and lazy in play last night. Without doubt talented but too frustrating and not at all consistent.

Yes, Lawrie is a bit of an enigma. Our leading League scorer and I suspect top of the assists for this season as well, but definitely inconsistent. Like Sean Miller he scores goals out of nothing, which when you are as bad as we have been is a useful trait, but he can drift out of matches alarmingly.

I can see the thinking behind oneedham's line up, but I have a problem with Reeves as a lone striker, because it simply doesn't work - he is a goal poacher, not a leader of the line, so he needs someone alongside him - given Hobson's clear limitations and Miller and Lawrie's physical unsuitability for the role, this means a new striker, but I doubt there are many quality front men available at this stage of the season (Curzon Ashton found Adam Morgan mid-season, though, so it is possible). 

Without a physically imposing colleague up front, the danger is (as seen in recent games) that Reeves doesn't get a kick, and we don't gain possession far enough up the field often enough to be effective. I would happily sacrifice James Lawrie if we could find a striker who fits this bill.

Adam Morgan has signed for FC Halifax Town:

http://www.curzonashtonfc.co.uk/news/adam-morgan-leaves-curzon-for-halifax-1735822.html

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »

Everyone is free to their opinion but he often lost possession, more concerned about fouling than winning the ball and lazy in play last night. Without doubt talented but too frustrating and not at all consistent.

Yes, Lawrie is a bit of an enigma. Our leading League scorer and I suspect top of the assists for this season as well, but definitely inconsistent. Like Sean Miller he scores goals out of nothing, which when you are as bad as we have been is a useful trait, but he can drift out of matches alarmingly.

I can see the thinking behind oneedham's line up, but I have a problem with Reeves as a lone striker, because it simply doesn't work - he is a goal poacher, not a leader of the line, so he needs someone alongside him - given Hobson's clear limitations and Miller and Lawrie's physical unsuitability for the role, this means a new striker, but I doubt there are many quality front men available at this stage of the season (Curzon Ashton found Adam Morgan mid-season, though, so it is possible). 

Without a physically imposing colleague up front, the danger is (as seen in recent games) that Reeves doesn't get a kick, and we don't gain possession far enough up the field often enough to be effective. I would happily sacrifice James Lawrie if we could find a striker who fits this bill.

Adam Morgan has signed for FC Halifax Town:

http://www.curzonashtonfc.co.uk/news/adam-morgan-leaves-curzon-for-halifax-1735822.html

I'd have thought a Conf National side would've took a gamble on him,bit of an odd move for him to stay at the same level.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team with everyone fit?