PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team with everyone fit?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Team with everyone fit?  (Read 7104 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Team with everyone fit?
« on: December 16, 2016, 07:24:41 PM »

GK Deasy

LB McWilliams ( yet to see new the lad )
RB Densmore
CB Hannigan
CB Cyrus

LM Clee
DM Moult
CM Jones or Richman
AM Miller ( high, near enough a nunber 10 )
RM Paterson

CF Reeves

or have Miller for Paterson and have Lawrie as AM

Looks a lot more balanced and exciting squad. Reeves will love that Clee is back home.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team with everyone fit?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »

GK Deasy

LB McWilliams ( yet to see new the lad )
RB Densmore
CB Hannigan
CB Cyrus

LM Clee
DM Moult
CM Jones or Richman
AM Miller ( high, near enough a nunber 10 )

RM Paterson

CF Reeves

or have Miller for Paterson and have Lawrie as AM

Looks a lot more balanced and exciting squad. Reeves will love that Clee is back home.

Would go along with that although Cyrus just gets in over the other options at centre half imo

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »

I would try hard to accommodate Lawrie - he made 2 more goals on Saturday and makes a high proportion of our goals - I would play him on the right instead of Patterson. Otherwise hard to argue too much with this, unless we kept Moult at centre half instead of Cyrus and played both Jones and Richman. If we go with the Lawrie option but otherwise stick with that team, subs could be Dawber, Patterson, Brownhill (sight unseen) or Wilkinson, Jones or Richman and Hobson (who was really good last week).

Incidentally Goodall looked a lot better in CM with Patterson, but not quite good enough to get on my bench. Nice to be worried who to leave out and not who the hell to pick!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:16:50 PM »

From the last two games I would go with the below with everyone fit:-
GK Deasy
LB McWilliams  ( who has impressed me, very consistent)
RB Densmore
CB Hannigan
CB Cyrus

LM Clee
RM Miller
DM Moult
CM Jones
CM Richman ( pushing on )

CF Reeves

We defo need another striker and wide men. Lawrie has been awful in the last two games. The team above have a few battlers in there.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »

Definitely need a striker

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 10:54:42 PM »

Deasy

Densmore
McWilliams/Brownhill
Hannigan
Moult

Jones
Richman
Wilkinson
Patterson
Clee

Miller

Yes, definitely need a striker, but another centre back would be good too.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 11:31:31 PM »

Dont think we'll at rb after saturday for a while
Full time and proud of it

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 11:38:16 PM »

Deasy

Densmore
McWilliams/Brownhill
Hannigan
Moult

Jones
Richman
Wilkinson
Patterson
Clee

Miller

Yes, definitely need a striker, but another centre back would be good too.

Moult had a good game tonight. Can not play him at CB going forward now.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 08:13:35 AM »

GK Deasy
LB McWilliams  ( who has impressed me, very consistent)
RB Densmore
CB Hannigan
CB Cyrus

LM Clee
RM Miller
DM Moult
CM Jones

CF Reeves

We defo need another striker and wide men. Lawrie has been awful in the last two games. The team above have a few battlers in there.

I thought that James Lawrie played well last night. He is the player that many opposition managers are most concerned about. John Askey set up his side differently so that Kingsley James could man mark him.They went with 4-1-4-1 because we were 4-4-1-1. I agree that he was poor on Saturday, but he wasn't alone there.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 08:57:42 AM »

Highly frustrating player. Capable of picking a great pass and on his day is our most creative player, however he loses the ball too often, goes missing for large periods and accommodating him in his best position means changes to the formation that only benefit him. I'm not sure he is worth the hassle to be honest.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 10:32:43 AM »

The stats show that he averages a goal every 5 appearances. That's better than most of our recent strikers.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 03:42:41 PM »

GK Deasy
LB McWilliams  ( who has impressed me, very consistent)
RB Densmore
CB Hannigan
CB Cyrus

LM Clee
RM Miller
DM Moult
CM Jones

CF Reeves

I thought that James Lawrie played well last night. He is the player that many opposition managers are most concerned about. John Askey set up his side differently so that Kingsley James could man mark him.They went with 4-1-4-1 because we were 4-4-1-1. I agree that he was poor on Saturday, but he wasn't alone there.
Everyone is free to their opinion but he often lost possession, more concerned about fouling than winning the ball and lazy in play last night. Without doubt talented but too frustrating and not at all consistent.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 10:50:54 AM »

Everyone is free to their opinion but he often lost possession, more concerned about fouling than winning the ball and lazy in play last night. Without doubt talented but too frustrating and not at all consistent.

Yes, Lawrie is a bit of an enigma. Our leading League scorer and I suspect top of the assists for this season as well, but definitely inconsistent. Like Sean Miller he scores goals out of nothing, which when you are as bad as we have been is a useful trait, but he can drift out of matches alarmingly.

I can see the thinking behind oneedham's line up, but I have a problem with Reeves as a lone striker, because it simply doesn't work - he is a goal poacher, not a leader of the line, so he needs someone alongside him - given Hobson's clear limitations and Miller and Lawrie's physical unsuitability for the role, this means a new striker, but I doubt there are many quality front men available at this stage of the season (Curzon Ashton found Adam Morgan mid-season, though, so it is possible). 

Without a physically imposing colleague up front, the danger is (as seen in recent games) that Reeves doesn't get a kick, and we don't gain possession far enough up the field often enough to be effective. I would happily sacrifice James Lawrie if we could find a striker who fits this bill.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 11:38:46 AM »

Yes, Lawrie is a bit of an enigma. Our leading League scorer and I suspect top of the assists for this season as well, but definitely inconsistent. Like Sean Miller he scores goals out of nothing, which when you are as bad as we have been is a useful trait, but he can drift out of matches alarmingly.

I can see the thinking behind oneedham's line up, but I have a problem with Reeves as a lone striker, because it simply doesn't work - he is a goal poacher, not a leader of the line, so he needs someone alongside him - given Hobson's clear limitations and Miller and Lawrie's physical unsuitability for the role, this means a new striker, but I doubt there are many quality front men available at this stage of the season (Curzon Ashton found Adam Morgan mid-season, though, so it is possible). 

Without a physically imposing colleague up front, the danger is (as seen in recent games) that Reeves doesn't get a kick, and we don't gain possession far enough up the field often enough to be effective. I would happily sacrifice James Lawrie if we could find a striker who fits this bill.
  Good post. What we haven't done this season is have 3 battlers in centre mid and I think Moult as DM and Richman and Jones CM would allow Miller and Clee to drive from deep and get to the byline or cut inside which should create chances for Reeves. We would probably need Richman to keep up with play but he and Jones have the most energy at the club. We just need battlers in that mid.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 12:15:30 PM »

I'm beginning to think that 4-3-3 is the way forward.
Should make us harder to breakdown but not as creative.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team with everyone fit?