PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee Sinnott and Tom Marshall
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well done Lee Sinnott and Tom Marshall  (Read 7106 times)

roytonmike

Re: Well done Lee Sinnott and Tom Marshall
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 11:41:08 AM »

I assume Williams wasn't fit & was named on the bench literally to make up the numbers ...
Braintree weren't particularly wonderful but this is a game we worked very hard to win. Given that he only had 16 senior players available the manager deserves congratulation for finding a formation which worked - as regards Marshall, when I saw his name in the starting XI I was tempted to make straight for the exit but am pleased to have seen my fears proved groundless on this occasion.
Incidentally, did anyone see if Cavanagh was booked in the first half? I thought he just got a talking to but a couple of sources say his name was taken.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:46:35 AM by roytonmike »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

Reeves and Perry booked , cav got warning .

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »

I assume Williams wasn't fit & was named on the bench literally to make up the numbers ...
Braintree weren't particularly wonderful but this is a game we worked very hard to win. Given that he only had 16 senior players available the manager deserves congratulation for finding a formation which worked - as regards Marshall, when I saw his name in the starting XI I was tempted to make straight for the exit but am pleased to have seen my fears proved groundless on this occasion.
Incidentally, did anyone see if Cavanagh was booked in the first half? I thought he just got a talking to but a couple of sources say his name was taken.

None other than VofD spoke with Williams, who confirmed that he was not carrying an injury.

I didn't see Cavanagh receive a yellow card.

The three who were booked comprised Densmore; Reeves and Perry.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »

I thought that Marshall did his job well yesterday.

Braintree's tactic of lumping lots of high balls forward did rather play to his strengths though, thankfully.

May I put in a good word for Jake Moult?

I think he's been in fine form of late.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 08:53:07 PM »

Braintree's tactic of lumping lots of high balls forward did rather play to his strengths though, thankfully.

Maybe you are doing Messrs Sinnott and Tolson a disservice here Mr Cult and he was brought in to deal with the expected aerial assault?

george

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »

The biggest disappointment being the lowest attendance in the league. Let's get behind them in the Cup & also the winning team's money helps.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 12:04:37 AM »

Maybe you are doing Messrs Sinnott and Tolson a disservice here Mr Cult and he was brought in to deal with the expected aerial assault?

Fair point.

However, I suppose that we'll never know whether he would have been in the starting XI had Griffin not been suspended.

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 09:28:47 AM »

Fair point.

However, I suppose that we'll never know whether he would have been in the starting XI had Griffin not been suspended.

My guess would be not. I'm just taking on Mr ATS' role and playing the devils advocate on this one...  ;D

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:38 PM »

You assume wrong Mike

Just hope Williams can get back in - odd to drop your best midfielder - but we won so that all that matters

Cav is basic though - last year jolly

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »

Williams would be decent if he wasn't caught napping on the ball so much.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee Sinnott and Tom Marshall