PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Solihull Match Thread  (Read 10467 times)

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2022, 11:41:25 AM »

Down

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2022, 11:50:12 AM »

I listened on RA and also listened to Parky, sounds like our first real poor performance, especially off the ball and defending. He is clearly worried as we are not clinical in the final third and were leaking goals. That's a big issue. Clearly Parky will assess where we are and see how he gets a response from the current recruits. Next couple of games will show Parky and us if further tweaking is required.

From my perspective, I would expect we need a balance of experience and youth, but both need the necessary attributes to be a success in the league. There is time at present and I'm keeping the faith. On the GK we need a settled Ollie in net asap.

COYR

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2022, 12:31:24 PM »

If Wealdstone beat Working this afternoon, they'll move up to 3rd, but that should definitely not intimidate us. They're short of two players through suspension (if they're three match bans they'll miss the game here), and have only scored 2 goals in their last 3 matches.

One was only a one game ban unfortunately.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2022, 12:44:35 PM »

what happened to the Hybred plan?
Harold

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2022, 12:46:56 PM »

I think we're proving the argument of 'are a team full of the best part time players better than a team of mediocre full time players'

We're signing a squad of unknown but talented youngsters who'll do well well in Conference North next season.

I've yet to see what advantage of going full time is on the pitch.

Aside from Mullarkey, who's looks very good, we've not improved in one position.
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2022, 03:10:32 PM »

I think we're proving the argument of 'are a team full of the best part time players better than a team of mediocre full time players'

We're signing a squad of unknown but talented youngsters who'll do well well in Conference North next season.

Aside from Mullarkey, who's looks very good, we've not improved in one position.

I’m sorry but Lundstrum is much better than Moult

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2022, 03:28:28 PM »

I’m sorry but Lundstrum is much better than Moult

Agreed , on paper a fully fit starting 11  from the current squad is as good as if not better than the first choice 11 a year ago  .

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »

We lost Perritt (not ours to begin with), Ferguson (taken by an EFL team in a different budget stratosphere) and Mooney (disappointingly opted for a sideways move albeit for more money).
It's small margins in our league. Keep even 2 of those 3 and we'd be in with a shout of the play offs.
We've gone for the low wage, largish squad, youthful model. I had reservations about this approach but it is what we have gone with so fingers crossed it will work out. I am concerned in the sense that I really do believe that splashing the cash on at least one proven striker like Alex Reid would have been better (and possibly even cheaper) than retaining Hulme, Dinanga and a number of equally unproven kids.
Oh and regardless of what the manager says, the next two are must-win games.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2022, 05:32:32 PM »

Agree that Lundstram is better than last seasons Moult
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2022, 06:08:23 PM »

Lundstram is better than Moult without any doubt.

When we play a lone striker we need our number 10 to be very good. Kossy replaced Hancock at the right time and no-one has replaced Kossy in that position.

We also miss pace and direct play in the RF position.

Would be in a different league position with Kossy no.10 and Marriott and Lundstram in CM. That is why I was so gutted those two got injured.

Don't want any of our players injured but if we had lost Osbourne and Pringle instead, then we wouldn't be struggling so much.

andrewflynn

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2022, 06:38:29 PM »

Simply haven't replaced Mooney, Hancock or 2020 Hulme.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2022, 06:47:32 PM »

Or 2021 colclough. Admittedly I’ve only seen two games but he was beyond woeful on Saturday apart from a 10 minute spell early in the second half. He barely moved above walking pace in the first half

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2022, 06:57:48 PM »

Or 2021 colclough. Admittedly I’ve only seen two games but he was beyond woeful on Saturday apart from a 10 minute spell early in the second half. He barely moved above walking pace in the first half
it's a shame as he is too good for this league in my opinion. He must be getting affected by the poor start and those around him . We need a player of his calibre to step up and lead
Come on you red and white........

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2022, 09:06:27 PM »

Bloody dreadful start to the season, losing two key players to injury on top of a high player turnover, plus the goalkeeper farce and our first choice right back not being fit either - I actually do hope we get Perritt so we can get as many of last season's band back together as possible. Losing Mooney is devastating, he was such a huge player for us.

We could have done with getting these last two tough fixtures out of the way early doors, as many of our more recent performances would have been enough to dispatch Maidstone / Yeovil and probably get more at Maidenhead.

Oh how I would have loved for Solihull to have gone up in the playoff final last season.

I do think we need to persevere with the young attacking lads - it sounds as if Bennett is growing into his own role week on week? - although I do think our best centre back pairing is Baines and Mullarkey.

As for the answer to the goalkeeping problem? - who knows, I can only assume we panicked on the eve of the fixture because it didn't make logical sense to tie ourselves down like that given Byrne was missing for 1-2 games.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2022, 09:16:26 AM »

Difficult to argue with any of this. 😭
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Match Thread