News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Non Alty

Author Topic: Non Alty  (Read 2987 times)

Hamilton

Non Alty
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:28:08 PM »

This is where the old fraud got to...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30662865

Jezza

Re: Non Alty
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:13:13 AM »

He's been badly advised.....

Of course he can't show remorse or admit any guilt...he's appealing....

But even if he is eventually cleared, the stigma will remain and her will never be able to mitigate it with remorse.

He'd have been better saying "Im horrified at what happened, I thought it was consensual and mortified the lady felt it wasn't, here is a large donation to rape crisis or something I accept I am guilty and have paid my dues and hope it teaches young men and women a lesson" I think many would have accepted that while premiership footballers act like dicks they put themselves into positions of being accused of a gross crime they had no intention of committing although they nonetheless commit .....

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:26 AM »

Why would you admit guilt if you believed you were innocent

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 01:41:29 PM »

if you were facing the two options of getting a well paid career back for showing false remorse or sticking to your guns and principles and never getting your career back......
This is a very difficult situation and debate which boils down to principles and morality over the fact that someone has done the time for a crime that he still denies.
People call for remorse and admission of guilt from someone still protesting his innocence and appealing.....
If he is cleared a lot of people owe him an apology.......there is a percentage of innocent people in jail convicted by a jury on the evidence......very tough one.....

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »

I've just noticed the relevance of this story is that well known lower league club benefactor Stephen Vaughan......poor old hibernians of malta....

Malta's Hibernians Club vice-president Stephen Vaughan made comments on Friday claiming to have offered the striker a deal: "We are looking to secure the services of a top striker and Ched fits the bill.

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »

This thread should be deleted

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 06:04:18 PM »

The rapist is out on licence, with limits on his travel.  Now those may be overcome, but there is no guarantee that the authorities in the UK will allow him to travel and work in Malta.

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 06:10:52 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30662865

I reckon that stops Vaughans attempts at signing Evans.  Evans will have known the restrictions on travel / work all along so he won't be surprised.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 08:00:26 PM »

I'd sign Ched Evans at a pinch, but I wouldn't let Stephen Vaughan across the county boundary.

joe

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 08:44:41 PM »

if you were facing the two options of getting a well paid career back for showing false remorse or sticking to your guns and principles and never getting your career back......
This is a very difficult situation and debate which boils down to principles and morality over the fact that someone has done the time for a crime that he still denies.
People call for remorse and admission of guilt from someone still protesting his innocence and appealing.....
If he is cleared a lot of people owe him an apology.......there is a percentage of innocent people in jail convicted by a jury on the evidence......very tough one.....

If you are innocent of a crime and want to clear your name your career doesn't come into it. You believe you are innocent and clearing your name is the be all and end all,simple.

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »

I was actually talking about Vaughn!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Non Alty