PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away shirt??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New away shirt??  (Read 10424 times)

GrahameRowley

Re: New away shirt??
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »

Here is a picture of the proposed new away shirt if we get a new sponsor and have to change both kits...

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 11:40:56 PM »

us girlies would like the pink option  :)
Us macho Yorkshire sex gods wouldn't !

Forza Palermo Pink!!! ;)

Great Shirt!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »

A Red and Black home shirt would mean I could actually wear it in Sheffield  ;)

Not up the A61 Penistone Road you couldn't
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »

[Forza Palermo Pink!!! ;)

Great Shirt!

Up Wexford.....It's just like watchin the Youths......

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

altyazz

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »

The yellow one is the one for me  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »

As I have said before, the major issue with shirts for Alty are availability at short notice because the club dont want to hold stock of replicas for obvious reasons. Therefore, ideally a shirt has to be available at short notice from a supplier locally who can deliver orders within days, which fortunately I can. Major manufacturers are'nt interested in 1 x shirt sale, they're looking for 100's to be ordered at start of the season to justify outlay in playing kit, etc.. This current season, my outlay on kit against replica sales has been a bit of a disaster. I dont believe there would have been 5 times the sales of Home Replica shirts because it was NIKE rather than the PROSTAR shirt supplied. Another issue is availablity of sizes outside of your general size requirements, e.g baby size or XXXXL, both of which I have managed to supply during this current season, thanks to an arrangement I have with a local dress-maker who amends shirts for me. So although my range is limited, I like to think it serves Alty well,bearing in mind the range outside replica shirts, i.e. polo shirts, hoodies, etc., which have sold well. Once a shirt sponsor can be confirmed, hopefully the final decision regarding both home and away shirts will satisfy the majority of supporters.  Ian - SKkits.

Ian are you saying that this season we've only sold 20% of the amount of replica kits needed for you to cover the cost you spent on free kits for the team (and youth team btw folks). If so, fair play to you, if that was adidas or nike they wouldn't even be considering supplying us again.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 12:59:22 PM »

As I have said before, the major issue with shirts for Alty are availability at short notice because the club dont want to hold stock of replicas for obvious reasons. Therefore, ideally a shirt has to be available at short notice from a supplier locally who can deliver orders within days, which fortunately I can. Major manufacturers are'nt interested in 1 x shirt sale, they're looking for 100's to be ordered at start of the season to justify outlay in playing kit, etc.. This current season, my outlay on kit against replica sales has been a bit of a disaster. I dont believe there would have been 5 times the sales of Home Replica shirts because it was NIKE rather than the PROSTAR shirt supplied. Another issue is availablity of sizes outside of your general size requirements, e.g baby size or XXXXL, both of which I have managed to supply during this current season, thanks to an arrangement I have with a local dress-maker who amends shirts for me. So although my range is limited, I like to think it serves Alty well,bearing in mind the range outside replica shirts, i.e. polo shirts, hoodies, etc., which have sold well. Once a shirt sponsor can be confirmed, hopefully the final decision regarding both home and away shirts will satisfy the majority of supporters.  Ian - SKkits.

Ian are you saying that this season we've only sold 20% of the amount of replica kits needed for you to cover the cost you spent on free kits for the team (and youth team btw folks). If so, fair play to you, if that was adidas or nike they wouldn't even be considering supplying us again.

Some of it is a case for better marketing - we sell more tha just the replica kits in the club shop; the coats, jackets and leisure shirts are of excellent quality, are not as 'obvious' as a replica kit and could be pushed more. I know we have the Alty ebay shop, but more products could be pushed on here, on a shop page on the website like the Mansfield one (where you can bring up the products and order online), in the local media or even - possibly - in local shops e.g. Tesco,JJB or even, with a donation/%age of the sales, a charidee shop or tourist information/library (e.g. a display of Alty stuff in the ground floor library window).

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 04:07:50 PM »

In a nutshell, yes. Having said that, my "brand" profile has improved.

Butty

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »

[Forza Palermo Pink!!! ;)

Great Shirt!

Up Wexford.....It's just like watchin the Youths......

Give me the blue and yellow of Lancashire U18s  gaelic footballers anyday

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »

I think you provide a great service to the club Ian. It's nice that you're prepared to listen to people's opinions on the shirts with the aim of hopefully maximising sales for the club.

As I stated elsewhere, I really like the red/black home shirt and the yellow/blue/white away shirt.
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away shirt??