PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away shirt??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New away shirt??  (Read 10426 times)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New away shirt??
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 11:19:58 PM »

As I have said before, the major issue with shirts for Alty are availability at short notice because the club dont want to hold stock of replicas for obvious reasons. Therefore, ideally a shirt has to be available at short notice from a supplier locally who can deliver orders within days, which fortunately I can. Major manufacturers are'nt interested in 1 x shirt sale, they're looking for 100's to be ordered at start of the season to justify outlay in playing kit, etc.. This current season, my outlay on kit against replica sales has been a bit of a disaster. I dont believe there would have been 5 times the sales of Home Replica shirts because it was NIKE rather than the PROSTAR shirt supplied. Another issue is availablity of sizes outside of your general size requirements, e.g baby size or XXXXL, both of which I have managed to supply during this current season, thanks to an arrangement I have with a local dress-maker who amends shirts for me. So although my range is limited, I like to think it serves Alty well,bearing in mind the range outside replica shirts, i.e. polo shirts, hoodies, etc., which have sold well. Once a shirt sponsor can be confirmed, hopefully the final decision regarding both home and away shirts will satisfy the majority of supporters.  Ian - SKkits.

bumble

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 11:36:34 PM »

If the club wanted to maximise revenue from shirt sales

Perhaps having 1 home shirt for 3 years keeping red/White ; and getting a new away one every season so blue, then yellow, then White, then orange ect..

BRING BACK YELLOW!

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »

Generally the home shirt is any club's major seller. Certainly at other clubs I deal with such as Lancaster City and Kendal Town, both selling well in excess of 100, and both clubs using my brand.

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:09 AM »

I like what Crystal Palace did in the 1970's, rebranded the entire kits. basically taking....

Home kit: Barcelona
Away Kit: Real Madrid

maybe we should have

home kit: Palermo
away kit: Sampdoria

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 10:59:13 AM »

I mentioned many many moons ago, after the Sydney test match, about getting a pink kit to support local cancer charities and in recognition of the amazing work old Alty friend Glenn McGrath.

With Go Goodwins soon to not being a shirt sponsor, could it be discussed with Graeme and the board to look at this option. It would also be good kudos for a local business to be involved in a shirt sponsorship raising money for cancer care/research as well as for the club and SKSport.

e.g Monaco, Dynamo Plus or Avelino (pink n black stripes, which could also be a home kit) http://www.online-brochures.net/files/7928/brochure.asp

What are the chances?

bumble

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:55 AM »

http://www.gazellesport.net/team-kits/rio-crew.html

is this is :D if so i like it

EX GK - am i right in saying the club could have any kits from prostar,precision training and gazelle?

theres a red and white hooped one in there, which keeps the red and white striped, but is a bit differredenr

and JD, i like them as an away kit

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »

@AltyDaz

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »

EX GK - am i right in saying the club could have any kits from prostar,precision training and gazelle?

theres a red and white hooped one in there, which keeps the red and white striped, but is a bit differredenr

and JD, i like them as an away kit

Strictly speaking, yes. But then I'm not promoting my brand, which is why I supply kit, training kit, travel-suits, etc. For me to continue as club supplier, I would prefer to use kit from my "Gazelle" range, as it carries SKkits breast logo.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »

I actually really like that ^ ^ ^
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:27:43 PM by GolfRoader »

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »

I actually meant could we see the yellow one.  ;D

But that is not a bad shirt to be fair, I quite like it, however I still really prefer having a proper collar as opposed to the round neck one.  :)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 10:02:10 PM »

And yes, that is the shirt, RIO Yellow/Royal Blue

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »

I really like the red & black one, even as a home strip. 100% better than the awful all red shirt that's being considered.

thegazelle

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 01:53:05 PM »

where do i get get my overide for using my brand

AT

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »

I would most definitely buy the Red and Black home shirt, not just because its different but I could see Alty actually wearing it.
That being said I was a bit weary and eventually didn't purchase this season's home shirt because it in my opinion was too similar to the one before, and I do like the home shirt that had a collar that looked class.

Jacko

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »

I think the kit is great too, this is the first Alty shirt I would actually buy myself rather than get one as a present off someone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away shirt??