PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No excuses for Gloucester
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: No excuses for Gloucester  (Read 6156 times)

York Alty

Re: No excuses for Gloucester
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 10:47:02 PM »

Back page of the NLP has an article about Farnborough who won 8 points whilst fielding an ineligible player.  A Congolese lad hadn't got international clearance, so FTFC were deducted four points. Just four points note as the Conference "exercised discretion".  We took the full 18 points for Accrington Pisspot Stanleys maladministration.

When did the rules change?

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 11:58:21 PM »

Back page of the NLP has an article about Farnborough who won 8 points whilst fielding an ineligible player.  A Congolese lad hadn't got international clearance, so FTFC were deducted four points. Just four points note as the Conference "exercised discretion".  We took the full 18 points for Accrington Pisspot Stanleys maladministration.

When it's a Southern club  >:(

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 12:41:16 AM »

Technically, were Altrincham FC in the wrong?

If he acted how he did, wasn't he only doing the best for his club? It's a dog eat dog world!

Depends what you mean by in the wrong.

It's not really the done thing when signing a player from an English club to check he has international clearance.  

It was Accrington's job to do that.  

No other club official felt it necessary to make this his personal crusade "for the good of the game" as he so crassly put it.

Utter T**t mate, and nothing you can say will make me feel any diifferent.

My understanding was that subsequent to Robinsongate the FA instigated a change in their procedures to ensure this didn't happen again. In any other walk of life that amounts to a tacit admission their rules could be breached by a party acting in good faith. If Alty were seeking to gain unfair advantage Peake's actions would be perfectly reasonable, but in reality it was merely motivated by a particuarly loathsome form of self interest, not an attempt to uphold the 'good of the game'.  

Bath Alty

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 08:14:38 PM »

My guess is it makes a difference whether or not the conference have a letter from a club secretary promising legal action against them if they don't apply the full penalty, even if that club secretary is publicly denying doing such a thing at the time. 

On an un-related note can't think why we dislike Mr Peake almost as much as I dislike the little *&^%* who wrote his uninsured Clio off into the back of my (possibly now irepairable) car last night - sorry, just had to get that off my chest!  Now no game on tonight to cheer me up either >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No excuses for Gloucester