News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough chairman quits

Author Topic: Gainsborough chairman quits  (Read 2743 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »

What a surprise....

Interesting delevopment....

Taken from gainsboring forum

As I have for my tenure here, I like to inform the fans on the forum of all news directly and communicate directly. It is very rare for this to happen, but I think it works. Opinions are always welcome, well most, with some great comments and it opens up conversations that sometimes do not get out to the fans. I hope that the forum has delivered a great deal of knowledge about the club and it's issues?

It is with regret that from the end of the season I will be stepping down as Chairman of the Club and relinquishing my ownership.
Firstly you may all think " It has got to him and he is running out".
Well who would blame me, really?
However it is my health which has decided my future and one that has made me very sad and only a few people know at the club.
At the end of last season, during the playoffs, I lost a good friend and colleague at The Sands and had a difficult time trying to comfort the staff and Management through this traumatic period.
In mid June I was rushed into hospital with what is called a "Thunderclap Headache". To be honest I am a robust person and do not get ill, so this came as a huge shock, but may have been something to do with all the pressure and stress. With a blood pressure of 200/120 everyone thought I had a brain hemorrhage. After Ct and MRI scans, a lesion of about 12mm was found on my right side of the brain and diagnosed as a cavernoma. It is not sure if this caused the headache, but the actual headache lasted 4 weeks! I have recently come off medication and I am trying to get back to what I was doing, but I am finding it impossible and the headaches are reoccurring.
With the delay in the new stadium now taking it to a two year project, I just can not commit to 2 years and so had one last go, at trying to secure tenure at the Northolme for the club and fans. This again has been rebuffed by the committee.
I need to spend time away from the club and will try and attend when I can, but my priority is my health and with some more scans and possible treatments ahead, it would be difficult to be full on at Trinity.
The club is financed until the end of the season and will push for honors and of course Steve and the players have my full support and will continue to be paid up until the end of their contracts. I still believe this team can deliver this season, they just need your support.
As I have stated, when I leave the club, it will have no debt, no overdraft and a secure lease, here at the Northolme.
I am hopeful that a new owner and Chairman can be found for the club, although it is difficult to get investors in something you do not own, hence my last try!
I want to thank all those fans for their support over the last 3 years or so and hope to at least chat a few more times before the season is out.
Meanwhile I will try and answer the questions you may have on this forum.

Thankyou
Peter Swann
Chairman.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:35:03 PM by Socrates »

markecky

Re: Gainsborough chairman quits
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »

And that Damian is why (for all the issues we have at the moment), you made the right choice coming to Alty.

forever red

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »

not really suprised...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »

Swanning off then, eh?

I wonder what Greg Young makes of it all...?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »

Swanning off then, eh?

I wonder what Greg Young makes of it all...?

Probably not arsed, like the rest of the squad, until May next year. Then worry when they've finished 16th...

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:20:18 PM »

I know from a colleague here at work that his friend worked for him and was murdered on Saturday night in a takeaway in Blackpool North Shore......some idiots started a fight in the takeaway, then hit a woman and as someone who was just in there on his own he tried to step in and stop it and was then killed by a single punch in the process.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »

I know from a colleague here at work that his friend worked for him and was murdered on Saturday night in a takeaway in Blackpool North Shore......some idiots started a fight in the takeaway, then hit a woman and as someone who was just in there on his own he tried to step in and stop it and was then killed by a single punch in the process.

This?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-17967734

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »

a headache lasting 4 weeks, good job he hadn't been watching our defence!
Bernard Taylors barmy army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »

Sad but predictable. Sounds like a really genuine guy who did his best for Trinity but has now realised he has gone as far as he can.

At least this guy isn't leaving the club in major debt and Trinity will be able to keep going. Best wishes to him.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 10:15:03 PM »

Back to normal for Gainsborough then, 14th place every year and 15 away fans at Moss Lane.

VofD

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 11:29:17 PM »

a headache lasting 4 weeks, good job he hadn't been watching our defence!

NOT FUNNY AT ALL

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »

sympathy obviously for the gainsboro chairman's personal health and personal issues.

but this is out there waiting for any 'well funded club'.....I like gainsboro despite it being in darkest lincolnshire, I like the pies, find the ground a nice place and hope they can continue as a self sufficient club at their correct level.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team