Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One of the most radical changes in Altrincham's history?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: One of the most radical changes in Altrincham's history?  (Read 8929 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Most radical change in Alty's history
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »

And also, in the Northwich squad for that away game there were 3 future alty players (2 playing and 1 on the bench) and at least 2 trialists that have been with us as well. Any ideas as to who?

From our website the Vics team that day was 13. Scott TYNAN; 2. Simon RUSK, 3. Natt KERR, 4. Michael WELCH, 14. Ryan BROWN, 29. Danny WILLIAMS, 22. Josh WILSON, 28. Adam MORNING, 8. Michael CARR (capt), 24. Lucas AKINS, 23. Lee STEELE. Subs: 1. Ben CONNETT (gk) 7. Michael BYRNE, 5. Greg STRONG, 9. Jake SPEIGHT, 15. Richard BATTERSBY.

Welch and Brown played, Battersby was sub, Kerr and Carr have been trialists, Strong played at Moss Lane previously in a much more enjoyable game, that Lucas Akins looked a good player (wonder what happened to him), Tynan was last heard of at Salford City and I think if over injuries he'd be some one I'd look to as a successor to  Coates Coburn. Ben Connett went to school in Alty as did his sister  :D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: One of the most radical changes in Altrincham's history?
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 11:25:06 PM »

I remember the Barnet game, second goal scored by the semi legendary Phil McGreal. We also fielded a reserve team away at Telford as a gee-up to the first eleven immediately following a 2-3 loss to AP Leamington. We lost that one 2-3 as well.

I think that we may have lost 4-3 at Telford......Paul Round definitely scored one of our goals & I think that it was Paul Cuddy's first league start......he didn't lose his place for about 6 years after that.Apart from yesterday, that was one of the most dramatic team selections that I have seen.If I remember correctly only John Connaughton & Barry Howard retained their place from the team that had lost against AP Leamington.

Today's esoteric piece of Alty trivia re. Paul Round.

Paul Round's daughter recently sold his 1982 Cheshire Senior Cup Winners Medal on eBay (Alty having defeated Runcorn 1-0 at Gresty Road courtesy of Phil Gardner's early goal).

Her father had donated some of his football treasures to her so that she could sell them to raise some money for her University fees.

How's that for an obscure Alty-related fact...?

An absolute disgrace that someone has to sell stuff so that one of his children can get a tertiary education
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One of the most radical changes in Altrincham's history?