Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One of the most radical changes in Altrincham's history?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: One of the most radical changes in Altrincham's history?  (Read 8932 times)

markecky

« on: October 16, 2010, 09:39:10 PM »

Maybe some of the geniuses in older fixtures on here can correct me but have we ever made 8 changes for a match before?  And eight changes after only adding 2 players to the squad?

I'm sure Histon made it easier for him but that was a brave brave move.  I reckon he said to the lads who hadn't been playing go and show me what you can do.

I've made my feelings clear on the Coburn/Coates (and upset him on facebook apparently :-X), Coates is one for the future I am sure but I feel more confident with Stuart in. Many felt that maybe Kenny was tainted by being in the dressing room with GH, I think today proves he has no favourites and will drop anyone.  And long may that continue.

We've a lot of work to do but today was a start.  A winning feeling again for the lads, and confidence for the cup.

As Ballers said, don't want any negatives today but Holsgrove doesnt look up this level for me, he did give 100%.  Joseph had a good game as well and the rest of them worked so hard.

Maybe a fit Twiss could just be what we need...that finish today was top drawer.

Its going to be a long fight but if we can accept a few bad results along the way without killing each other, keep behind the lads and keep supporting them we can do it.

I believe Ken McKenna could well write himself into Alty history if he keeps us up. Today was a start...and I f**king loved it.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: One of the most radical changes in Altrincham's history?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:48:57 PM »

Great post
ParkINson's red and white army

jimmyhank

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »

Other than a bit of panic hoof ball we looked so much better today. The defence looked pretty solid which was a huge relief. I'll take ugly 1-0 wins every day of the week. After last weeks debacle at Histon, doing nothing simply wasn't an option so well done to Kenny for shaking things up. Competition for places is hotting up and that can only be a good thing. Looking forward to getting off the bottom of the table very soon.

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 10:06:12 PM »

Our Midfields ability to stop the other team playing without fouling every ten seconds was the difference on the pitch for me, gave our defenders good protection, the team wasnt good enough to stay up a few games ago but with a few shakeups and a new look Midfield we look reborn 

blackandwhitealty

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:32 PM »

wholesale changes nothing to do with them not wanting the extra training then!

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:05:05 AM »

I said last week that I felt we weren't creative in midfield - and today's line up didn't LOOK creative on paper....thank God we play on grass. A vast improvement. We shut them down in the middle of the park pretty well, Densmore showed just why that's where he should be and Somner looks a very useful capture. Milne took a while to settle, but also played his part.

There was a guy out there who was a dead ringer for Joseph, but this bloke looked confident and seemed to know what he was doing ! Let's hope Kenny has got the key to unlocking his talent.

Stu was massive today - the one handed save in the first half was classic Coburn, and he never really looked like conceding.

Still not completely sure about Twiss - but the finish was quality !

I'm afraid the one negative was Holsgrove. He has a poor first touch, and I can't see him ever being a BSP player (I actually think he's poorer than McAliskey !)

The only change I'd like to see for next week is Denham for Holsgrove - and I think we'll see Gateshead off ! Forza Alty !

Nonleaguer

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »

Time for a reality check, without doubt Fleetwood were a very poor side today as their fans have stated and many on the forum will have witnessed. With £12,500 at stake Gateshead will certainly play better than that. Neither side did much of note but the stats will rightly show a win for Alty so that's the main objective.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »

Time for a reality check, without doubt Fleetwood were a very poor side today as their fans have stated and many on the forum will have witnessed. With £12,500 at stake Gateshead will certainly play better than that. Neither side did much of note but the stats will rightly show a win for Alty so that's the main objective.

Why piss on our bonfire when we're finally starting to build some confidence? We haven't lost at home since McKenna's been in charge and we've only lost one in our last six games. Fleetwood are higher in the league than Gateshead so we should definitely take some confidence into that game.

There is no room for negativity of any kind at the moment.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 08:49:59 AM »

I'm just glad I managed a full night  on here without someone on here dragging me down.  Everyone on here has been sensible, I've not seen anyone say "we are definitely staying up now" on the back of one result.

Fleetwoods players are better than Gatesheads.. Why will Gateshead players be arsed about £12,500, they have a rich chairman that pays their full time wages regardless.

Fleetwoods budget wil be 3 or 4 times what ours is, they have Viera up front, 4th in the league and unbeaten in 10 games.

After the end of the Histon game we'd have been lucky to beat Stamford lads and I dont think anyone thought we'd beat Fleetwood.

We restricted them well and took our chances when they came. They may have played poorly but maybe they are not use to be chased and harassed and closed down so quick.  Our good play was not in chances and goals yesterday but in the job we did on stopping them.  They can pass it for fun if they are allowed.

A job well done.

We don't get many good weekends...lets enjoy them!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »

I'm just glad I managed a full night  on here without someone on here dragging me down.  Everyone on here has been sensible, I've not seen anyone say "we are definitely staying up now" on the back of one result.

Fleetwoods players are better than Gatesheads.. Why will Gateshead players be arsed about £12,500, they have a rich chairman that pays their full time wages regardless.

Fleetwoods budget wil be 3 or 4 times what ours is, they have Viera up front, 4th in the league and unbeaten in 10 games.

After the end of the Histon game we'd have been lucky to beat Stamford lads and I dont think anyone thought we'd beat Fleetwood.

We restricted them well and took our chances when they came. They may have played poorly but maybe they are not use to be chased and harassed and closed down so quick.  Our good play was not in chances and goals yesterday but in the job we did on stopping them.  They can pass it for fun if they are allowed.

A job well done.

We don't get many good weekends...lets enjoy them!

Well said that man :D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »

As mentioned to Ballers after yesterday's victory....

What odds would you have got if you had proposed a bet comprising the following treble prior to yesterday's Fleetwood match:

** Alty to win;

** Michael Twiss to score;

** Marc Joseph to be named Man Of The Match?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »

How much did Somner cement the midfield, he was awesome, held his position well and whether by fluke or not the teaam looked like it had a great shape to it.

Well played everyone.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 06:06:43 PM »

Somner was excellent, as was Hewson. The midfield looked top quality, just get Denham back to replace Holsgrove and already it looks a lot better !!!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 06:08:39 PM »

.....as to the original question on this thread :

I remember us fielding what I think was an entire second choice team in a midweek rearranged game at home to Barnet - and hammering them 7-0 ! Would have been around 1981 ? I seem to think a lot of youngsters played. We reverted to our usual line-up on the Saturday.

Anybody (Cult ?) fill this in a bit more for me ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »

I read somewhere the Chris Denham will be out for 3 weeks which is a shame
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team