PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CEO has gone already. Q&A postponed.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CEO has gone already. Q&A postponed.  (Read 11825 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: CEO has gone already. Q&A postponed.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2023, 11:48:34 AM »

I'm not trying to be facetious, but I think a lot of people share that view. 🤔
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2023, 12:33:38 PM »

Maybe didn't fancy the Q & A and being quized about what he does.🤥

I am puzzled by what a CEO is, and  does.
Would you prefer the term "Managing Director" They are in essence the same role?

Top dog in the building reporting to the board that owns the company. Buck should stop with them in terms of business decisions that adhere to the running operations.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2023, 02:06:21 PM »

Would you prefer the term "Managing Director" They are in essence the same role?

Top dog in the building reporting to the board that owns the company. Buck should stop with them in terms of business decisions that adhere to the running operations.
I get that in retail ie Tesco and Sainsbury's etc but in a none league football club with modest turnover I think it's financially prudent to satisfy the criteria with one of the chairman fulfilling the role as they must have been doing pre CEO and will continue to do so now.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2023, 02:54:00 PM »

I get that in retail ie Tesco and Sainsbury's etc but in a none league football club with modest turnover I think it's financially prudent to satisfy the criteria with one of the chairman fulfilling the role as they must have been doing pre CEO and will continue to do so now.

Unless Sam takes it on on a permanent basis?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 04:52:21 PM »

With respect, we're no longer an old school non league operation. We're a full time, professional football club that costs well over a million quid a year to run within a full time, national competition. The title of CEO might be a bit grand but there's no way you could have a chairman doing a full time CEO job like that at this level

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2023, 06:21:15 PM »

I suppose it depends what your business income is and how big a loss you are making. Would a CEO have a magic wand to close the gap or just be another overhead?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 06:56:29 PM »

It's not just the money you bring in as a CEO. They are there day to day and improve processes internally that can also affect bottom line.

Sam does just fine on the commercial side so for a club like ours we're looking for someone who streamlines the rest and picks up the slack having 2 long distance Chairmen causes.

Negotiating better stewarding deals, improving revenue streams such as retail etc.

The team is succeeding because the management of the playing side is top class. The matchday experience etc. Improves when we have top class people in place there as well.

My tip for the board is we get an operations person in not a sales person and let Sam do that side, if it's working. Unless we've decided that Levi is that man.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2023, 07:25:34 PM »

Fab! That's my learning done for today.

Thank you

ClaphamAlty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2023, 03:48:13 PM »

For anyone who is still intrigued by this (as I evidently am), he has updated his LinkedIn to say "Open to Work - New Opportunities Welcome". So I assume that scuppers the idea that he left for another job.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2023, 08:22:00 PM »

For anyone who is still intrigued by this (as I evidently am), he has updated his LinkedIn to say "Open to Work - New Opportunities Welcome". So I assume that scuppers the idea that he left for another job.

Ooooh. That is intriguing.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CEO has gone already. Q&A postponed.