PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are Boreham Wood playing fair?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Are Boreham Wood playing fair?  (Read 15469 times)

robins1978

Re: Are Boreham Wood playing fair?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 12:18:54 PM »

This topic was posted as I could not believe a club would alienate themselves towards other clubs by asking for a payment to do a match commentary from their ground which would in turn give them free advertising. If the commentary was complimentary about the place it may encourage fans to visit if they were able the next time the teams met there. I did not honestly expect anyone to say RR should have paid the £60 to do the commentary. Opinion that you are entitled to have , but im sure a poll would show you were in the minority. Great win for us yesterday and deffo Karma for wanting to charge us for the commentary. I wonder how many clubs HAVE paid the Commentary fee?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »

Radio Robins didn't give the listening fans the option though. Fans don't get in to the games free, don't get free coach travel , don't get free beer and burgers. So BH want to charge for allowing a radio commentary of a game at their ground. I really don't get why people are so deeply offended by that. Just out of interest do photographers get in for free?

markecky

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 12:36:14 PM »

Radio Robins didn't give the listening fans the option though. Fans don't get in to the games free, don't get free coach travel , don't get free beer and burgers. So BH want to charge for allowing a radio commentary of a game at their ground. I really don't get why people are so deeply offended by that. Just out of interest do photographers get in for free?

Parts of this forum never ever ever cease to amaze me.  What on earth has caused you to attack the Radio Robins setup like that?

For the record, who told you that Radio Robins commentators get free coach travel?

arnald

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »

Good call by radio robins we should not pay a quid to any other club more than we need to

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 03:47:55 PM »

There were other factors involved here such as:-

1) Having become aware of Boreham Wood's policy on Monday & having to make the payment by Thursday, the timescale was not ideal to carry out a survey, then subsequently take donations & make a payment.
2) There were further costs to consider, as a related section of Boreham Wood's policy meant that we would have had to pay for 2 further press passes if we had carried out a broadcast.

Having said that, sometimes decisions just need to be made & I think that, in this instance, the same  decision may have been made anyway, because, as previously stated, paying a broadcast fee is not something that we wish to do.For information, Radio Robins is not anti 'broadcast fees' per se, but the issue was that Boreham Wood's broadcast policy was different to all other clubs that we have travelled to in the last four & a half years.If broadcast fees became the norm, then we would allocate funds for that in the same way that we allocate funds for equipment, software, licences, etc.

To confirm, Radio Robins commentators are allocated a press pass, if working at a game, although some still choose to enter the ground via the turnstiles.They certainly do not get free coach travel & I'm not aware of any of the Radio Robins team receiving free beer or burgers, although I would suggest that perhaps either or both of those would be deemed reasonable rewards for volunteering a service.

York Alty

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 03:54:08 PM »

I would suggest that perhaps either or both of those would be deemed reasonable rewards for volunteering a service.

100% agreement.

This country all but runs on volunteers (way before call me Daves 'big society bollox) - and many volunteers end up well out of pocket.  Yes they offer to do it, and yes they could stop, but all of society would lose if volunteers did that, so a bag of chips or free travel fore the RR crew would be absolutely fine with me. If I had the cash I'd pay RR costs if that made people happy.

thegazelle

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 06:31:54 PM »

bemused amazed and startled that someone has found it possible to find negatives about radio robins !!!!!!

for fecks sake (large siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhh)

ripleym

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 07:10:55 PM »

Yes.  However I understand that BW only provided 2 media passes, so yesterday may have been a different story.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2015, 08:53:49 PM »

I'm sure its more technical than this but maybe RR should have just brought a microphone on to the terraces. 60 match summarisers all with an opinion would have been gold.

That's a brilliant idea.....Hughesy would be the match sponsor ;D

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 09:26:41 PM »

1) Having become aware of Boreham Wood's policy on Monday & having to make the payment by Thursday, the timescale was not ideal to carry out a survey, then subsequently take donations & make a payment.
2) There were further costs to consider, as a related section of Boreham Wood's policy meant that we would have had to pay for 2 further press passes if we had carried out a broadcast.

Having said that, sometimes decisions just need to be made & I think that, in this instance, the same  decision may have been made anyway, because, as previously stated, paying a broadcast fee is not something that we wish to do.For information, Radio Robins is not anti 'broadcast fees' per se, but the issue was that Boreham Wood's broadcast policy was different to all other clubs that we have travelled to in the last four & a half years.If broadcast fees became the norm, then we would allocate funds for that in the same way that we allocate funds for equipment, software, licences, etc.

To confirm, Radio Robins commentators are allocated a press pass, if working at a game, although some still choose to enter the ground via the turnstiles.They certainly do not get free coach travel & I'm not aware of any of the Radio Robins team receiving free beer or burgers, although I would suggest that perhaps either or both of those would be deemed reasonable rewards for volunteering a service.

I got a free cheese pasty at Bristol Rovers last season. Snout, trough...

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 09:45:11 PM »

Having said that, sometimes decisions just need to be made & I think that, in this instance, the same  decision may have been made anyway, because, as previously stated, paying a broadcast fee is not something that we wish to do.For information, Radio Robins is not anti 'broadcast fees' per se, but the issue was that Boreham Wood's broadcast policy was different to all other clubs that we have travelled to in the last four & a half years.If broadcast fees became the norm, then we would allocate funds for that in the same way that we allocate funds for equipment, software, licences, etc.

Cue frantic googling in Baron's Court to see if Switzerland has an extradition treaty with LB Hammersmith & Fulham..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:48:51 PM by JTH »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 11:37:21 PM »

You did indeed & very nice it looked too.

bighairedmike

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 11:41:40 PM »

He didn't share it? That's outrageous! I hope he was given a 3 game ban for bringing RR into disrepute...

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »

I don't understand any club that charges people for publicising their matches. Surely the more people that get to watch the highlights, especially when they are good performances and wins, the more likely the people may be tempted to come and watch. On another note I felt it was a poor show from Chester FC  to not to put the goals on their Youtube channel from our Boxing Day game last season. I believe the only way to see them goals was to pay to watch their channel. It was also the same to watch our epic 4-3 win at Halifax about 3 seasons ago.
They really should be beating teams like us

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2015, 01:45:11 PM »

He didn't share it? That's outrageous! I hope he was given a 3 game ban for bringing RR into disrepute...

The final score in the RR pasty final was Leon 2 Flynny 0......however I ended up winning the trophy on a technicality as Leon was disqualified for purchasing a pasty before the game. Laying out your own cash for pastry products is against the rules, I'm afraid.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are Boreham Wood playing fair?