PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport chase Chalmers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Stockport chase Chalmers  (Read 11358 times)

Jacko

Re: Stockport chase Chalmers
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 06:49:07 PM »

Sorry but i only think they'd end up putting him on loan after signing, needs another 2 seasons untill he's anywhere near league one level but well he would be a freeby so they wont mind waiting. shame for us though >:(

jill06

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »

alty tunnel steward , i have PMd you back regarding your comments.

I think he could make it definatley at a league 2 club without goin on loan, but maybe a league 1 club would be a bit of an ask for a young lad. either way we are going to loose out on him.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 09:21:12 PM »

Does anyone know how much we would get from a tribunal?

I'd be disappointed not to get a decent fee for Lewis, however these are the downsides to having players on non-contract basis, better than having a team full of Tommo's and Bowlers !!

jill06

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 09:39:53 PM »

yeh i agree with you there, du think GH should have put him on a contrct when he started playing so well?
cant see us getting a lot from a tribunal, if i was him i wouldnt sign tho, he has to look afetr number 1.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 09:44:09 PM »

I think the problem is when do you decide a playing is doing well enough to warrant a contract? Maybe when GH decided that he was doing well enough Lewis had already decided he would not sign anything.

Who'd be a football manager?

Agree Lewis must look after himself, I think he deserves a shot a league football. I'm sure we are not paying him thousands to play so good luck to him.

Afterthought, maybe we can get a friendly out of County/whoever, and maybe one or two players (not necessarily Lewis) in on loan for a season??

Alex

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 09:53:01 PM »

dunno if they would let us have players without askin us to give somthing towards (like chester did) but the friendly idea is a good one, maybe ask that a sertain number of recognised first teamers play including lewis so we can give him a send off?

markecky

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »

yeh i agree with you there, du think GH should have put him on a contrct when he started playing so well?
cant see us getting a lot from a tribunal, if i was him i wouldnt sign tho, he has to look afetr number 1.

Can only I see my posts?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »

Don't tell Jill Ecky but Lewis has been offered a contract and turned it down. ::)

teasybeaver

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 11:09:14 AM »

I dont blame lewis for not signing, he doesnt owe alty a contractual agreement, its not in his interests and it wouldnt really be fair to put the pressure on him to do that.

Just cos he doesnt want to sign doesnt make him any less an alty player. He's been fantastic this season and alty will owe him a lot if he helps keep us up! This club is doing ok without relying on selling players for funds, lets just enjoy the fact that such a talent is wearing an alty shirt for now, and we're showing the rewards!

I think the point that Lewis will not sign has been mentioned in this thread by someone, although im not so sure. Ecky?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 11:15:10 AM »

Contracts.

Well it works both ways. Look at the players on contracts this season and what they have achieved.

Would rather have no contracts and lose money on the odd good player that may move on than give everyone contracts and be stuck with them for the duration of their deal and lose money week in and week out

Yes some players should be offered contracts and I have a funny feeling that maybe this player was, but not sure where or who I heard that from  ;).

ben7

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »

lewis and his contract....

u are correct in saying he was offered a contract in January after not being offered another one at the end of last season. woudl you blame him for not signing, he was told at the end of the season that he wasn't getting another contract, then he starts to play well and all of a sudden they want him back on contract. i dont blame him for not signing. in my eyes GH messed him around by not signing him again last season and now he is regretting it.

at the moment he is still an alty player and in my opinion he gives 110% every game, as a young player with such talent it is only natural he wants to move up into the football league but at least he is still giving this club his full support whilst he is here.

markecky

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 12:49:37 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Lewis!!

What about the fact he was on a contract last season (the only player who was) but didn't really show much.  He was told to earn his new contract, he has done this and then it wasn't signed.

I understand why he hasn't though.  I suppose we all wish players thought like fans sometimes.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »

Honest opinion...

I really don't think Chalmers is as good as some people on here believe he is - not yet anyhow.
He needs at least another Conference season to improve his game and consistency.

In my view, he is nowhere near as talented a player as Ian Craney was when he wore an Alty shirt.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

teasybeaver

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »

lewis and his contract....

u are correct in saying he was offered a contract in January after not being offered another one at the end of last season. woudl you blame him for not signing, he was told at the end of the season that he wasn't getting another contract, then he starts to play well and all of a sudden they want him back on contract. i dont blame him for not signing. in my eyes GH messed him around by not signing him again last season and now he is regretting it.

at the moment he is still an alty player and in my opinion he gives 110% every game, as a young player with such talent it is only natural he wants to move up into the football league but at least he is still giving this club his full support whilst he is here.

I wouldnt say he was messed around, he didnt get released, at a club in our position offering contracts is no light decision, GH did the right thing with Lewis. Alright now he's performing way above what we could have expected, but hindsight is a beautiful thing and i prefer the play it safe mentality that GH operates on.

Ecky and GW are right, players dont think like fans and Alty dont have a squad full of black holes eating up our precious little finances. People need to scrap this mentality that we're losing out on Lewis, we're not, he's a great player and bleeds himself dry for Alty, we shouldn't be asking for any more than this from our players, they're a credit to all alty fans with or without a contract!

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 01:02:37 PM »

Honest opinion...

I really don't think Chalmers is as good as some people on here believe he is - not yet anyhow.
He needs at least another Conference season to improve his game and consistency.

In my view, he is nowhere near as talented a player as Ian Craney was when he wore an Alty shirt.

I would agree with that, he is a good solid player but not the best in the squad and by no means the final product.

However if he gets the jump to league football good on the lad.

If Alty dont get anything out of any deal then it would be a shame when we so clearly need funds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport chase Chalmers