PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport chase Chalmers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Stockport chase Chalmers  (Read 11357 times)

Altysmiffy

Stockport chase Chalmers
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »

"In an article in the NL Paper about non-league players tipped to enter the Football League, it says "Another non-league ace attracting Football League interest ius Altrincham midfielder Lewis Chalmers. The 21 year-old is being targeted by League One clubs Northampton and Brentford, but League Two promotion chasers Stockport are hot favourites to land the player. Yet Alty may not profit as Chalmers is not under contract at Moss Lane and can walk out at seven days' notice". "

Won't we get a payment because of his age?

jill06

Re: Stockport chase Chalmers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »

dont think se, isnt he 21 now?
didnt think you got compensation after that. do ppl agree we should have him on contract?
we really dont want to loose him, i think he has done great this year.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 01:45:21 PM »

Yes
We should get him on a contract pronto!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:46:43 PM »

He won't sign a contract before anyone posts how outrageous it that we would let him go for nothing.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »

he has to think of himself not signing a contract is in his best interest.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 02:10:45 PM »

Have to agree. If he signs a contract that could stop a potential move for him. Which is not in his best interests.

If he does leave I would wish him all the best (unless he went Macc \ Vics \ FGR ) I would like him to move to only BETTER himself and not just for the sake of it.

I of course would love him to stay but if he moves on to better himself then good luck to the lad.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 02:13:32 PM »

Whilst I agree that he has to look after his own best interests I have to say that it does disappoint me that, knowing the Club would never stand in the way of him progressing his career he seems unwilling to try to potentially gain some sort of reward  for Alty.

Before he played for the Youth Team he'd given up football virtually entirely, just kicking about with his mates. George spotted the potential and, to an extent 'took a risk' with him and look where he is now and has the potential to be. If this risk hadn't been taken then there would in all likelihood, be no mention of potential Football League careers for him

As I say..fully understand he must put himself first but, disappointing that he is reportedly unwilling to 'reward' the Club for it's faith in him and the work that's gone into developing him. :-X

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »

he has to think of himself not signing a contract is in his best interest.

dissagree, we would let him go. its only fair, but at the same time we should get some money in for him. especially with the ammount we se him in our game plans.

and looking at the ammount players are going for at the moment at least 50 grand is the minimm we shoud accept

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »

I think something which would suit all parties could be something in his contract with a club he signs for which gives us a proportion of any sell-on fee his then-club receive.
But I'm not sure that this could be done?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 02:26:35 PM »

dont think se, isnt he 21 now?
didnt think you got compensation after that. do ppl agree we should have him on contract?
we really dont want to loose him, i think he has done great this year.

Compensation is awarded in instances where the player in question is under 23.

The compensation to be paid is decided by a tribunal, it takes into account the costs involved in training the player (and those that don't make it) as well as other considerations such as the players wages. We'll probably get £200 and money off a family portrait.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

jill06

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »

got to dissagree with you tunnel steward, i know sum1 who knows lewis and he moved from accrington to alty youth (supposedly) so he wasn't just kicking around with his mates.
i would want the club to gain some form of financial reward if he left but cant see him signing a contract, lets face it. if you was in his position would u? i wouldn't. :-\

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »

Jill

Have PM'ed you with more info

Cheers

themanwhocan

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 04:30:17 PM »

I think the issue isnt whether or not the club will profit from the potential move, but as to why the club didnt recognise the boys talent by rewarding him with a reasonable contract with a possible sell on clause, that way both parties benefit.
Lewis has worked tirelessly for the club and after the Cambridge game last week I thought it would be inevitable he would leave at the end of the season, lets hope Heathcote can bring in some good young talent as at the moment we're lacking pace and presence in the places we need it most. This league is there for the taking!!!!
Good luck lewis and lets bag one against Grays!!!!!

The Man Who Can... ;D ;D ;D

markecky

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »

He won't sign a contract before anyone posts how outrageous it that we would let him go for nothing.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 04:48:32 PM »

misread it first time i thought you were being schnide int your remark ecky, but after reading it through and through i see you mean he is unwilling to sign a contract not that he is only going to do it on the basis of forum posts so that may be the reason people misunderstood your post
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport chase Chalmers