PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46482 times)

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »

Why isn't he working now?

That's a very good question. He stayed very quiet regarding his exit from us it was all a bit strange

Probably isn't working now as he was financially secure from good investment of his football career earnings (so I heard) so doesn't need the hassle modern football management brings.

Everything has a shelf life and his was coming to an end with us sadly but how I'd kill for the days when we would literally put 6 or 7 past Boston as a matter of course at home, relegation fodder never got a sniff of anything less than a 5-0 defeat.

Watching back some of the Alty TV clips of those games is so sad to see the style in which we played.

Hope the new manager has us playing that way and making us a decent side to watch again.

Never has a manager has more of a chance to come and be a hero....it won't take that much at the moment!

Agree with all of that. I'm not saying he was the messiah but we would be in a much better position if he was in charge now

I agree but at the end of the day he quit because he'd had enough,he didn't get sacked.

Absolutely and I'd love to know if it was because of his eccentricity or because of his employer that he decided to quit.

Apologies for all these posts about Sinnot, I was just trying to make a point that all of GRs appointments haven't been bad (I'm not a GR apologist by the way)

Jimmy

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2017, 08:21:46 PM »

Probably traveling from Hull for a side who no longer played for him liked they did before was a big reason

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2017, 08:32:21 PM »

Probably traveling from Hull for a side who no longer played for him liked they did before was a big reason

You could be right, still looks a bit like throwing the toys out of the pram to me.

I just hope we can appoint a credible manager now and we can all get behind him and hopefully have some better times ahead. I realise it's not quite as simple as that but I do think if we start next season well we can get some momentum. The flip side is if we get off to a bad start we could have a repeat of this season.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »

Sinnott did a fair job. But as Jimmy says, history will remember him much kinder than the reality. Let's not forget the full calendar year we went without a clean sheet under him, or the 40 odd (mostly sh*t) players we went through in his first season (yes, I realise the irony of bringing that up now...), or the 7 out of 10 cup campaigns that ended with a whimper against lower league teams, or the fact we spent a lot of money on promotion and still never seriously challenged for the title that year.

On reflection, I'd say years 1 and 5 of his reign were pretty wank, years 2 & 3 par, and year 4 a good achievement.

We definitely played some great football in Conf North under Sinnott which was fun to watch (mainly against the fodder in the league while struggling against anyone good) and you still have to spend the money well, which he certainly did the year we went up - scoring nearly 100 league goals. But there is now a bit of a danger of him being turned into Bill Shankley, because of Grahame Rowley's inability to appoint a manager since, when the reality was nowhere near.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:44:12 PM by Matt Taylor »

arnald

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2017, 08:59:39 PM »

I was a lee sinnot fan ,he was the second coming after John King, ,,,with no budget he did us proud

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2017, 09:26:59 PM »

We're on the way to stoke city .
 Well all be pissed it wont be pretty
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »

On a scale from 1-10 where 1 is Neil Young and 10 is Tony Sanders, Sinnott was at best a 6.
personally I give Lee 7 but each to their own view.

The important thing now is to find and appoint a 10, or failing the impossible a 9.

Without getting into any sort of argument, and accepting that Sinnott was much better than Young (for Alty at least), was he really 70% of the manager Tony Sanders was??

I mean, really? 😳

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »

No

taxi Phil

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2017, 11:02:24 PM »

Hence why I gave him 6.

York Alty is back

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2017, 12:38:07 AM »

On a scale from 1-10 where 1 is Neil Young and 10 is Tony Sanders, Sinnott was at best a 6.
personally I give Lee 7 but each to their own view.

The important thing now is to find and appoint a 10, or failing the impossible a 9.

Without getting into any sort of argument, and accepting that Sinnott was much better than Young (for Alty at least), was he really 70% of the manager Tony Sanders was??

I mean, really? 😳
give or take, bearing in mind the very different eras they managed in, I'd give Lee seven. Six is very mediocre to me and he's a wee bit of a step up from that. Some say six, I say seven. Kerpishh.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »

Impossible to compare, Sanders was a great manager and brought in great players to this club but in another market altogether with no full time clubs around and no bankrolled money chuckers either. Much harder these days. Kingy clearly was a great motivator so a good manager too.  Not really sure what you need these days apart from a pot of cash which seems to be most players' prime motivation.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »

Those that remember Saunders, I think the only mistake he made was to hang on to the successful team for too long. He did not make enough adjustments to keep the side hungry. Other than that as someone who saw his team week in and week out, he was a great manager, but he did have a very good squad who played exciting attacking football putting defences under constant pressure. They were great to watch.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »

SANDERS SANDERS SANDERS!!! Not Saunders!!

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2017, 09:14:19 PM »

Sinnott did a fair job. But as Jimmy says, history will remember him much kinder than the reality. Let's not forget the full calendar year we went without a clean sheet under him, or the 40 odd (mostly sh*t) players we went through in his first season (yes, I realise the irony of bringing that up now...), or the 7 out of 10 cup campaigns that ended with a whimper against lower league teams, or the fact we spent a lot of money on promotion and still never seriously challenged for the title that year.

On reflection, I'd say years 1 and 5 of his reign were pretty wank, years 2 & 3 par, and year 4 a good achievement.

We definitely played some great football in Conf North under Sinnott which was fun to watch (mainly against the fodder in the league while struggling against anyone good) and you still have to spend the money well, which he certainly did the year we went up - scoring nearly 100 league goals. But there is now a bit of a danger of him being turned into Bill Shankley, because of Grahame Rowley's inability to appoint a manager since, when the reality was nowhere near.

That sounds to me like a well implemented five year plan that went tits up in year five. Sinnott did a fantastic job until year five and he faced a fair bit of adversity, I'm not talking about his early holiday or dugout fashion choices either. The football world in which we operate has changed massively and I think the club just lay down and accepted our new place with all these big ex-league clubs and new money clubs smothering us into where we are now. This wasn't Sinnotts fault. He played our cards well and delivered decent football. Before he changed tactics and subsequently lost our form in year five we were arguably the best part time team in the country. Most of us had accepted that and thought it was great. In hindsight we'd just bought the sob story the club sold us of little old Alty nobody wants to invest in.

Again in hindsight only a matter of time before the bubble burst just never had to be as bad as it's been. It's time for us to man up and dine at the big table.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2017, 09:21:05 PM »

That sounds to me like a well implemented five year plan that went tits up in year five. Sinnott did a fantastic job until year five and he faced a fair bit of adversity, I'm not talking about his early holiday or dugout fashion choices either. The football world in which we operate has changed massively and I think the club just lay down and accepted our new place with all these big ex-league clubs and new money clubs smothering us into where we are now. This wasn't Sinnotts fault. He played our cards well and delivered decent football. Before he changed tactics and subsequently lost our form in year five we were arguably the best part time team in the country. Most of us had accepted that and thought it was great. In hindsight we'd just bought the sob story the club sold us of little old Alty nobody wants to invest in.

Again in hindsight only a matter of time before the bubble burst just never had to be as bad as it's been. It's time for us to man up and dine at the big table.

Big table at McDonald's?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon