Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 where are the heathcote out chants now????
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: where are the heathcote out chants now????  (Read 5913 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: where are the heathcote out chants now????
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 10:38:14 AM »

Surely as the 'cote put all the blame on the players for our bad results and dire performances, the players should get the credit for last night's performance. Creditable though it was a 1-0 win should not paper over the cracks a quareter into the season Only Lewes have scored less goals than us. We are just 2 points off the relegation zone. Only 2 teams have a worse goals against. We are still the same side who struggled to draw over 90 mins against Vauxhall Motors. Our best player so far has become a scapegoat and the manager seems happy not to resolve the problem. There wouldn't be any moans if they weren't practically requested by such silly point scoring posts such as yours..well done! Perhaps if we'd swamped Mansfield with a barn storming 3-0 of sublime football then you'd have a point. Heathcote can stay as long as he wants please don't go 'cote.

If you're not careful, a few more spot-on posts like this and you're going to start heading towards a positive karma score!  ;) :o
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 10:40:01 AM »

Just glancing at who was posting I thought you were having a conversation with yourself Jezza, until I noticed it was Jenga!  :D

No, that was Hugh the other day  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »

didnt here much moaning 2nite, great porformance, every player battled well, played for each other, lee elam, what a porformance, brilliant.
The ironic thing is that by targeting the "moaners" you have demonstrated that your priority lies with these people rather than the team.  Many of the so-called moaners were the first people to offer their congratulations following the win last night so your post is pointless.

You were one of them, weren't you?  ???

Alty365

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 11:06:58 AM »

didnt here much moaning 2nite, great porformance, every player battled well, played for each other, lee elam, what a porformance, brilliant.
The ironic thing is that by targeting the "moaners" you have demonstrated that your priority lies with these people rather than the team.  Many of the so-called moaners were the first people to offer their congratulations following the win last night so your post is pointless.

Exactly my point, and I was also one of the first to offer my congratulations last night.

Are you a bit thick or something?

brian1925

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »

The real plus about last night was not the score, but that the players actually seemed to put their bodies on the line for the club, the fans and of course the boss. Was it my imagination or did we seem to attack Mansfield last night, at some times causing great panic in their experienced defence? If Geoff or Grahame actually read these posts then I think it's important they know that all the fans want to see is a group of lads who give their all and seem to give a damn - last night they did, so well done to everyone and I mean everyone. Of course, it would be lovely if Mr.Heathcote made some tangible attempt to make up with the fans and also certain players, because we are going to need as many people on board as possible in order to stay in this league.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »

Exactly my point, and I was also one of the first to offer my congratulations last night. Are you a bit thick or something?

I don't fink so. But thanks for that. I'm sorry, now of course, but I was pointing out your support to other readers who seem to have disagreed with you. On reflection, perhaps I must be?  :-\

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 11:18:42 AM »

Sorry but I thought you were having a pop at me.

I pride myself on my honesty - I will say when I think something is bad but I'll also balance that by being amongst the first to offer praise where it is due.

Let's hope for another big performance at Rushden.

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »

I pride myself on my honesty

Liar !!!

Alty365

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »

you're going to start heading towards a positive karma score!

+125/-615

Indeed...I am the man to lead us through this crisis...anyone who disagrees just coz they spent £12 has been watching too much football manager.....the public will stay with me and by the end of the season I fully expect the board and management to personally see to it my karma rating is fiddled back to positive.

If not I'll just have to buy Gary amd Ecky a pint.

WiganAlty

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 04:06:47 PM »

I suspect that this has been a cunning plan of using reverse psychology to improve the team's performance   ;)  and looks as if it worked!!

Sainthelen

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 04:55:17 PM »

Ah! "WiganAlty"-  Another from the same area as me- strictly speaking our postcode is Wigan, though we live nearer to St Helens.

"A cunning plan" sounds like something out of "Blackadder"!

We were there last night- and to tell the truth, I was a bit worried in case there was more trouble!

However- all was well and it was great to see such a spirited performance and see the team produce a good result. I hear that the Rushden and Diamonds match is on T.V. Setanta sports? Is that correct? We haven't got it but can arrange to watch it at our daughter's. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:00:00 PM by Sainthelen »

Alex

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »

if i were you i'd say i was from wigan lol (up the warriors and all that) but yes the game is on sultana on monday

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 05:56:36 PM »

As i said last night. the pressure is still on. we still need to be at the races for the next 35 games.
There is no point playing well once in eleven games. Maybe the manager and players needed saturday to happen so they had a good kick up their backsides.

Still don't like the manager though. His actions against lewes were bloody awful.

There is still a long way to go yet.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »

Didn't go the game due to the 200mile round trip but I have heard we were ATTACKING and played with HEART AND BELIEVE.

I believe that is all the fans were askin for ?.. Not 3pts every week but a team that has the guts to go for a WIN and to do their all for this football club.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 where are the heathcote out chants now????