News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SUBS !!!!

Author Topic: SUBS !!!!  (Read 1832 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
SUBS !!!!
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »

I am still shocked, 1 nil up and he brings on Denham and Little, keeping Dale and Senior on, quality subs. I was sat there listening to it.. we were getting battered for the first 20 mins of the second half and I was screaming for Denham to come on to relieve the pressure of the defence. Graham, it is has taken a few years but those were some cracking substitues, loving it. However I would still start Denham with Crowell and Kearney centre mid and possibly Heff on the left ( sounded like he had a good game ). Well done lads, great performance !!!!

Jenga

Re: SUBS !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »

The issue is the manager cant really do things right.

lets assume he brings on Denham and Little and we still get battered and lose 2-1. The same substitutions he would be criticised for for not suring up the midfield or defence.

Difficult job to be manager but as you say it worked out well and congrats.

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »

Good to see a goalkeeper on the subs bench. With so many subs allowed nowadays i have always thought it was far too risky not to include a keeper. Although the decision was probably made due to lack of players and not because GH has finally seen the light.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »

Some pundits will say, and may well be correct, that a sub goalie on the bench is a waste of a 'substitution option'.
They argue this based on the injury rate of keepers i.e how many times per season does a goalie actually get subbed and also on the fact that there are plenty of games still to play

I think that GH usually always names a sub goalie for FAT / FAC games as well as for those 'must get something' games at the end of the season.....ie when the league games almost take on cup status
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 08:51:47 PM »

In our case it's fairly important to have a sub keeper for those occasions when Stu's glass back lets him down !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SUBS !!!!