PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 shocking decision
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: shocking decision  (Read 9586 times)

Jimmy

Re: shocking decision
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 09:13:18 AM »

Any of the defence getting a injury or suspension is a big problem I just hope we don't move leather to left back with crowther looking injured they may not be able to move clee back worrying times

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »

Bring back Williams from Stalyvagus

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 09:28:11 AM »

Unless he has gained fitness no point

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »

Nicky Clee will go to left back

roytonmike

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »

Bring back Williams from Stalyvagus
If I understand it right you can't bring a player back in the first month of a loan deal?
Not having been at the game I'm reluctant to comment too much on the sending-off; having seen the highlights package I can see why a red card was shown but am still old-fashioned enough to believe red cards should only be shown in cases where intent to foul was clear. Here I don't think the offence was intentional; I understand why the card was shown but I find it difficult to accept the logic behind it. Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:01:23 PM by roytonmike »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 09:32:44 PM »

I entirely get your point Mike and I sort of agree.

Intent was taken out of Law 12 (fouls and misconduct) some time ago, with the exception of handball which still needs to be intentional - I'm sure we could do a huge long thread on that alone.

Reason being, I believe, that it is, in many cases, almost impossible to prove or otherwise that a player had intentionally done something. Hence they went along the line of it being a factual occurrence that it had happened with the severity of sanction being dependent, in the case of a challenge, on whether that challenge was careless, reckless or dangerous.

Hope this helps?

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

Thanks ATS. It does!

markecky

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 09:59:28 PM »

You can see why he has given it from that and he was certainly close enough.

Not sure why it wasn't a foul on Reeves as he was pulled down in the build up to their second.

If Jake Moults shot had gone in the top corner it would possibly be one of the best goals I have ever seen.  Auntie/Uncle bollocks etc but what a strike.

LymmRobin

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 11:05:16 PM »

I have watched the incident several times now and am not convinced that there was any contact between the two players. Yes, the Woking player rolled around like his leg had been broken but he made a very swift recovery. If I were the club, I would appeal.

robins1978

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 04:12:20 PM »

Appeal and lose and ban could be increased - from where I was stood (at bottom of Main Stand, next to their bench) it looked an over the top of the ball challenge to me and RED card would be a very probable outcome with a challenge like that. Noticed ref go straight for his back pocket for a card which usually means he is getting the Red one out. Most refs i've seen give a red card keep them separate from the yellow one in the back pocket!) Nice to see ATS getting some credit on this post instead of otherwise for once.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »

I have watched the incident several times now and am not convinced that there was any contact between the two players. Yes, the Woking player rolled around like his leg had been broken but he made a very swift recovery. If I were the club, I would appeal.

You don't have to break the player's leg for it to be a red card offence.

ripleym

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 05:41:29 PM »

You don't have to break the player's leg for it to be a red card offence.

As well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb though, eh?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »

What annoys me is the inconsistency of referees. I only saw Griffins challenge in corner of my eye as I was checking my phone,but thought it was late and would probably go. But 10 mins after the sending off, Woking player goes in with a challenge that was a yellow at the very least, and the player is told to calm down. The ref should either use this 'calm down' theory with Griffin, or should had booked the player.

On the whole, I don't berate officials. They make obvious mistakes in the Premier League, so the lower down the pyramid you are likely to see them make more mistakes. It's just the frustration when something is clear as day that changes the complex of the game is wrong (ie Richman's red against Henesford).

Saturday was the first time in quite a while I've left the ground after defeat not too despondent. Even with 10 men and a goal down, we tried to stay in the game against the best side to come to Moss Lane so far and it was only when the 2nd went in we were a beaten team. 
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

GB Alty

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 07:44:12 PM »

It was a red card, and the only one of the game
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 shocking decision