PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Strategy Review on main website
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alty Strategy Review on main website  (Read 16845 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Strategy Review on main website
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »

"There is a minority of fans who are angry and vocal but they are not the majority"

Leaving the tautology aside, are we to infer from this that they think the majority of fans are not angry? Or are they angry but silent? And would it be so bad if the majority were angry? Surely to God every single fan with any feeling for this football club feels angry about what's happened this season, including the chairman?

I think the people compiling this report fundamentally misunderstand what anger represents here. Anger is not the same as hysteria or hatred. Anger is emotional but that doesn't mean it's irrational. Indeed it can be the result of a cool and thorough assessment of a situation. Why couldn't this report say something like 'many fans are angry and they have every right to be'? Instead they have effectively patted us on the head and said 'there, there, you're just angry'.

Fans who are angry are fans who care and they will swing behind this club again with all their might if they can believe ever again in the people running it. But that, for me, requires fundamental changes at the top.

finnquark

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »

The only thing that struck me about this report was the informality of it.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »

Reads like a genuine attempt to identify what is right, what is wrong and those things fans as a whole hold opposing views on

Yes, maybe some words could have been more carefully chosen, but I would not get hung up too much about that because I don't think it matters if the board / new board / new blood on the board can act upon the findings - the review makes it clear that that is their role

Also worth remembering that this review has been done at no cost to the club by two volunteers
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bighairedmike

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 06:58:36 PM »

Reads like a genuine attempt to identify what is right, what is wrong and those things fans as a whole hold opposing views on

Yes, maybe some words could have been more carefully chosen, but I would not get hung up too much about that because I don't think it matters if the board / new board / new blood on the board can act upon the findings - the review makes it clear that that is their role

Also worth remembering that this review has been done at no cost to the club by two volunteers

The bottom two lines sum everything up perfectly though. Instead of signing our 43rd 44th and 45th player of he season is rather they'd have paid for this to be done professionally by an outside agency who have absolutely no affiliation to the club.

That is not a dig at Pete Foster or Nicky Watmore by the way.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 07:23:49 PM »

The bottom two lines sum everything up perfectly though. Instead of signing our 43rd 44th and 45th player of he season is rather they'd have paid for this to be done professionally by an outside agency who have absolutely no affiliation to the club.

That is not a dig at Pete Foster or Nicky Watmore by the way.

Totally agree with that

Jezza

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 05:53:46 AM »

seriously??.....you'd rather we spent a few thousand quid on what is basically a report which tells us what we all knew???

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2017, 07:19:26 AM »

The review highlights points,fact and details of information that has become apparent via the review. It's what comes afterwards, Sunday night and subsequent meetings and discussions that are more important in the long term surely

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2017, 07:47:25 AM »

The review highlights points,fact and details of information that has become apparent via the review. It's what comes afterwards, Sunday night and subsequent meetings and discussions that are more important in the long term surely

Totally agree.

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »

seriously??.....you'd rather we spent a few thousand quid on what is basically a report which tells us what we all knew???

You'd rather we pointlessly spent it on players who won't get us out of a relegation battle?

My point is, an independent review would have succeeded and been more telling than one done "in club".

Again, it shows us as taking the easy option and doing things on the cheap.

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 10:15:06 AM »

Totally agree.
Me too. This is simply the start, and I think Pete and Nicky have done a basically good job in giving us a platform for serious discussion and decision making. And at no cost to the club.

Money will doubtless have to be spent in the longer term and keeping costs down at the start is therefore a  important factor.

Jezza

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 09:23:15 PM »

You'd rather we pointlessly spent it on players who won't get us out of a relegation battle?

My point is, an independent review would have succeeded and been more telling than one done "in club".

I'd rather the money was spent on next years playing budget that may get us back up.....or doing something with the TV gantry which ruins the newest and neatest part of the ground!!!

How much different would an outside job have been?.....maybe an outsider mightn't have got it and got the fans backs up more?

It is basically just clarifying and setting down our current position.......stating the obvious really.....and it doesn't completely shirk criticism of our weak and divided board does it?

It's what the board does with it now......

I'm disappointed it sees the shareholding as just status quo Vs ego maniac ruining the club....doesn't envisage any other safeguarded options....

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »

I took part in the review, sort of scan read it on the main site, but have since almost lost interest and certainly lost any glimmer of hope in a constructive way forward being adopted. I sincerely hope to be proved wrong.

I'm not even angry anymore, it's gone way beyond that.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 09:03:15 AM »

I'd rather the money was spent on next years playing budget that may get us back up.....or doing something with the TV gantry which ruins the newest and neatest part of the ground!!!

How much different would an outside job have been?.....maybe an outsider mightn't have got it and got the fans backs up more?

It is basically just clarifying and setting down our current position.......stating the obvious really.....and it doesn't completely shirk criticism of our weak and divided board does it?

It's what the board does with it now......

I'm disappointed it sees the shareholding as just status quo Vs ego maniac ruining the club....doesn't envisage any other safeguarded options....

There are no plans to change scaffolding on the popular side. I asked Mr Rowley as I too found it ruined the neatest part of the ground but also a good viewing position.

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 10:41:43 AM »

I usually stood (and may eventually resume standing) on the pop side towards the Golf Road end. If we attacked the Chequers end I'd move to a similar position down there. I stopped doing that because the gantry and its trappings were a bigger problem from that end. I've got used to the concept of relying on Alty TV to look later at the things I wasn't close enough to analyse properly.....and donated £50 for the camera update accordingly. So I basically accept the inconvenience caused and get on with it !

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 11:50:20 AM »

Is there going to be any mechanism for allowing exiles to put questions to the board on Sunday?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Strategy Review on main website