PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After our dreadful treatment at barnet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: After our dreadful treatment at barnet  (Read 18292 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:55:57 AM »

Now this farce!!!

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Inflate-gate-Assault-charge-GTFC-fan-accused/story-26070811-detail/story.html
I hope barnet arent afforded any niceties on Saturday and are housed where they should be.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: After our dreadful treatment at barnet
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »

In addition, Kenny said he has been given a banning order which prohibits him from being in the town centres of Grimsby and Cleethorpes for four hours either side of a home match.

He is also banned from attending any home or away game until the matter has been resolved, he added.

It's pretty disgusting that he can be treated like that before he's even found guilty!
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Beaver

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:10:11 PM »

Fair play to the Grimsby fans, travelling in numbers and having a great time, looks like a right laugh!

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:31:35 PM »

Odious club. They seem to be totally at odds with whats needed for modern stewarding/policing, adopting the mindset that every one is to be treated as a troublemaker. Situations like that need to be stewarded with a smile but with a readiness to react of things get out of hand - much as the policing of the Notting Hill Carnival has evolved.
Even if it means we have to go to Barnet again next season, I really hope Bristol Rovers go up.

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:38:58 PM »

There was a giant c*ck there (and an inflatable willy!)

ob1

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:41:39 PM »

Fair play to the Grimsby fans, travelling in numbers and having a great time, looks like a right laugh!

And on the Grimsby forum there are several messages praising the Barnet stewards for their handling of what was a very difficult afternoon for them.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »

And on the Grimsby forum there are several messages praising the Barnet stewards for their handling of what was a very difficult afternoon for them.
ob1, don't suppose you're a Barnet fan by any chance?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »

Now this farce!!!

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Inflate-gate-Assault-charge-GTFC-fan-accused/story-26070811-detail/story.html
I hope barnet arent afforded any niceties on Saturday and are housed where they should be.

The police need to get a grip of reality. I presume this hasn't reached the CPS yet who no doubt will decide there's insificient evidence. What a waste of taxpayers money let alone the inconvenience of the guy having to travel back to Hendon if he is summonsed to court. It's a football match, after a goal a steward gets a light inflatable touch him, grow up.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »

Now this farce!!!

The police need to get a grip of reality. I presume this hasn't reached the CPS yet who no doubt will decide there's insificient evidence. What a waste of taxpayers money let alone the inconvenience of the guy having to travel back to Hendon if he is summonsed to court. It's a football match, after a goal a steward gets a light inflatable touch him, grow up.

...and in the context of that reaction at Worcester the other, ludicrous.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 05:34:53 PM »

The abject treatment of the Alty diehards at The Hive this season isn't really the fault of the Barnet fans though, is it?

Wouldn't it be better to direct your ire at Barnet's Board of Directors and, in particular, the club's hypersensitive Chairman?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »

We were treated like thugs, falsely questioned by police for fabricated stories of drug taking and shown no welcome,just distain by their safety officer. We had the supporters coach rifled through during the game by police. whats good for the goose is good for the gander, Most of this inside the stadium was witnessed by officals from our club. I'll be furious if they get welcomed like long lost friends.They should be shown the minimum in hospitality and their supporters should be on the away end, simple.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 06:07:30 PM »

Talking of Barnet officials, I found this interesting piece about the late Stan Flashman:

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=18640

When you read pieces like this, it amazes me that we don't see more clubs going bust.

I never minded Barnet in the 80s. When I first watched "Gola League" football, they were very much the poor relations of Wealdstone and Enfield.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 07:22:47 PM »

Assuming they fail to get promoted, maybe we shouldn't bother turning up at the Hive next season. A loss of 150 x £18 plus a huge bill to police and cater for a non existent away crowd might be the best protest (although I realise it wouldn't help our team).

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »

We were treated like thugs, falsely questioned by police for fabricated stories of drug taking and shown no welcome,just distain by their safety officer. We had the supporters coach rifled through during the game by police. whats good for the goose is good for the gander, Most of this inside the stadium was witnessed by officals from our club. I'll be furious if they get welcomed like long lost friends.They should be shown the minimum in hospitality and their supporters should be on the away end, simple.
I'd be very dissapointed if we as a club chucked 2 fans out for no reason and unneeded drug search on a fan went on we should treat their fans correctly not no tit for tat nonsense

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »

Yes agree, correctly,so chequers end it is
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team