PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 injuries
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: injuries  (Read 3994 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: injuries
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 03:14:38 PM »

Its nothing to do with bottomless pits of cash. Its about having a squad of around 18 conference standard players supplemented by the youth lads (Who do George AND the club proud)..

What it isnt about is no replacements in key areas and the fkn wheels coming off everytime we have a couple of absentees.

IF the current numbers is going to be the norm then sadly I suggest that were staying in this league for the forseable future.

I have never advocated or suggested that we chuck money we havent got at it but what I have just said could indeed be a fact of life, if indeed cash is the problem for non activity in signing players.

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »

Even with fully fit squad couple in the starting 11 who are not good enough

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 05:35:30 PM »

Why was one of our youth team players on the bench for Stockport county at north ferriby on Saturday??

bumble

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »

Why was one of our youth team players on the bench for Stockport county at north ferriby on Saturday??

"Matthew Todd the son of County legend Lee Todd on the bench for County today"

This fella?

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:56 PM »

Surely the watmore money hasnt already been spent

Yes it has been spent. Apparently it has been spent on the following :-

1) Mending the sunroofs in the Golf Road end.
2) Removing the CRACKED asbestos sheeting on the Golf Road and Pop side
3) Replacing the wall in the corner by the alone Emergency Exit, which can no longer be accessed.
4) Mending the steps on the Chequers end which are crumbling away.

You cant expect the playing budget to extend once all the above have been done.

brian1925

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 07:02:04 PM »

Well, I suppose these things need doing if we want to keep our ground up to Conference North standards lol

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »

This fella?

Yes he' played in the FA youth cup, and the club can't repair storm damage until the insurance process is dealt with, but I suspect most people already know that, and the grounds full asbestos survey undertaken by asbestos experts a few weeks back after the storms suggest there's nothing to worry about that wont keep until the ground is empty for 3 months in a few weeks time. I assume we will see a bumper crop of volunteers for this summers working parties with so much impassioned debate about how it needs work doing over the last few weeks

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »

This fella?

Yes he' played in the FA youth cup, and the club can't repair storm damage until the insurance process is dealt with, but I suspect most people already know that, and the grounds full asbestos survey undertaken by asbestos experts a few weeks back after the storms suggest there's nothing to worry about that wont keep until the ground is empty for 3 months in a few weeks time. I assume we will see a bumper crop of volunteers for this summers working parties with so much impassioned debate about how it needs work doing over the last few weeks

If the insurance process is not completed by now, then there is something not quite right, because that is very very slow indeed.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 10:44:12 PM »

They will probably start the work in a few weeks when the stadium will be empty for three months. And Im sure the insurance companies are a bit pushed at present...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:46:07 PM by Dennis Cruikshank »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 injuries