PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your tastiest alty game ever???
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your tastiest alty game ever???  (Read 9925 times)

Jacko

« on: June 24, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »

off the ball challenges, red cards, managers at it, fans getting chucked out...

got to be bishop aukland fa cup at home for me, YUM YUM ;D

Jenga

Re: Your tastiest alty game ever???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 04:59:58 PM »

When the snack bar removed one of ther stoppers and started serving chips!!!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »

We've never played Bishop Auckland in the FA Cup?  Trophy do you mean - Shephard game!

Rochdale in the Cup at Moss Lane - 4 sendings off in an era when hospitalising someone led to a tciking off from the ref.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:47:08 PM »

1996 has to mine to worst trouble i have witnessed at Moss lane in 17 years on the safety team
@AltyDaz

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »

Have to share this comment as always do when this game is mentioned ... I was there as a guest of NTL in the sponsors lounge as they were match sponsors I believe (by the way I nominated George Shepherd as man of the match but was never announced ... he he)

Anyway, When it was kicking off John King came legging it down shouting at what was the previous chairman of B. Auckland (believe he had resigned not long before the game ???) and I was sat behind, too be honest being very scared of John King as he shouted as looked like shouting at me !!! ... Just as he was shouting a lady police officer came through the gate with blood pouring down her face .... John King turned to the ex chairman and said "Have you seen that, its a disgrace..." which is fair enough and then came out with something I will never forget... He pointed at the biggest 'specials; I have ever seen and said I "don't mind them kicking f**k out of them but thats a women" ... The Special coppers looked over and King shouted "Yeah you, you should be in there getting hit not her" ...

An Alty moment that will last forever, almost as good as the "Don't go over there" as though it was appealing :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 06:02:17 PM »

Also Boston away when Leroy Chambers was subjected to the abuse was not ideal for atmosphere with fans.

I remember Ashton United away as well as one where players \ management staff did not get on but can't remember the year.. HELP ??

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »

The fracas on the pitch at the conclusion of that FA Cup tie at Kendal Town in 2007 was strangely entertaining.

Well, certainly more entertaining than the abject match itself had been.

I seem to recall that the home team's manager, Lee Ashcroft, said something that rather vexed Graham Heathcote.

Didn't the Altrincham FC contingent then depart without sampling the post match sandwiches?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »

That FA cup tie at  Frickley in the mid 80s is the most terrified I have ever been watching Alty.
What a bunch of nutcases, even the police were being attacked in the ground.
Afterwards I couldn't catch the train back as the station was picketed by about 20 Frickley supporters. A bus came past, I jumped on and asked the driver where he was going. Barnsley he said, I replied 'That'll do' and ran upstairs!!.

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »

The fracas on the pitch at the conclusion of that FA Cup tie at Kendal Town in 2007 was strangely entertaining.

Well, certainly more entertaining than the abject match itself had been.

I seem to recall that the home team's manager, Lee Ashcroft, said something that rather vexed Graham Heathcote.

Didn't the Altrincham FC contingent then depart without sampling the post match sandwiches?

conveniantly leading to drawing millwall in the cup, i was in the kendal clubhouse for that and their players were sat next to us, needless to say as we were jumping up and down at the prospect of millwall they were stunned at what they could've created if they beat us

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »

1996 has to mine to worst trouble i have witnessed at Moss lane in 17 years on the safety team

I agree Darren, and if you recall, the TMBC licensing team chose that match to see how Alty was being run for the annual licensing inspection,...and were highly complimentary about how you handled it, albeit it was pretty shocking stuff both during the game and afterwards when several of their players beat up George Shepherd outside the bar after the game. Must be the worst trouble ever at an Alty home game.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »

I am just trying to imagine Millwall at Netherfield!  They would have had to have moved it to Carlisle or somewhere.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 11:56:43 PM »

Lewes at home, madness.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 12:31:13 AM »

Anyone else recollect the visit to Moss Lane of Carshalton Athletic in an FA Trophy tie back in 1989?

I'm not sure if they managed to receive a red card on that particular afternoon....but, my word, what a team of cloggers they were!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 08:27:21 AM »

Anyone else recollect the visit to Moss Lane of Carshalton Athletic in an FA Trophy tie back in 1989?

I'm not sure if they managed to receive a red card on that particular afternoon....but, my word, what a team of cloggers they were!

wasn't that a trophy replay?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »

I recall one Curtis Warmington as being a particularly 'robust' individual whom, I believe did get somewhat earlier use of the bath water than his team mates
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team