PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CURRENT SITUATION
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CURRENT SITUATION  (Read 6117 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: CURRENT SITUATION
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 04:45:20 PM »

We are in this league cos WE DESERVE TO BE, IF We get relegated we deserve to be a Conference North team, just like if we stay up we deserve to.

We always seem to hide behind the 'budget', 'lack of support', 'lack of money' when I am sure there are clubs competing on less than us but we as fans are so used to hearing it that we now have it etched on us as an excuse. We didn't join the league last season we have been here for years now and that if anything proves it where we deserve to be.

I am sorry if its old ground but I believe Altrincham FC are a Conference Premier club by rights and the day people are happy competing at a lower standard than to what we play in is the day they should leave football. Its all about ambitions and belief no matter what. I dream of Altrincham being a LEAGUE CLUB, where as others would see that as a burden it would appear ?

Do you know who these people are, they certainly aren't members of this forum!!

There are members on here who have come across as suggesting playing Conf North football would be more beneficial to the club or that they may infact enjoy it more if we were in the a lower league cos we'd 'hopefully' win more games ?... The only thing I see as beneficial is playing at the highest level possible, not the most comfortable.

Yes I don't expect Altrincham to win the league but I am of the opinion that we are a conference club and this IS our level, not the level below.

I also believe that 4th division or league 2 is of a poor standard but I have believed that has always been the case, and not a new thing. Half of those clubs should be non league anyway.

seasonticket

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »

Before Sturday it was all optomism. We lose three nil to Histon. Is that really that bad?
Histon in recent games have taken points from several teams who are higher and will finish higer than them in the table.
We apparently were very poor. Was that because we had a bad day ot the office or because Histon know how to get points from poor sides.
From all accounts we have not been too bad since KM took over, Eastbourne apart. We just have to get on the right track and worry about BSN In April. If it happens.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »

We are in this league cos WE DESERVE TO BE, IF We get relegated we deserve to be a Conference North team, just like if we stay up we deserve to.

We always seem to hide behind the 'budget', 'lack of support', 'lack of money' when I am sure there are clubs competing on less than us but we as fans are so used to hearing it that we now have it etched on us as an excuse. We didn't join the league last season we have been here for years now and that if anything proves it where we deserve to be.

I am sorry if its old ground but I believe Altrincham FC are a Conference Premier club by rights and the day people are happy competing at a lower standard than to what we play in is the day they should leave football. Its all about ambitions and belief no matter what. I dream of Altrincham being a LEAGUE CLUB, where as others would see that as a burden it would appear ?

"John W" was quoted as saying the following on Saturday evening:

"Already looking forward to visiting the likes of Eastwood Town, Blyth Spartans, Guiseley next season.  That is our level."
Come on Alty!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »

I may be wrong but I would hope that doesn't mean he's happy, but resigned to it.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »

I may be wrong but I would hope that doesn't mean he's happy, but resigned to it.

I don't want to get into semantics. All I'm saying is that looking forward to a fate that we are far from resigned to is not the correct thing to be doing at this stage. We've got to keep the faith and be strong at times like this, not just roll over and accept defeat.

I just hope to god that things change before our next game and we can start building some positivity again.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »

"Already looking forward to visiting the likes of Eastwood Town, Blyth Spartans, Guiseley next season.  That is our level."

Apart from the fact that John W might just be a wind up merchant I've never understood why people come up with that sh*te.

1. We are clearly bigger or as big as H&Y, Histon, Bath, FGR, Gateshead, Barrow, Southport, Tamworth, Eastbourne etc.

2. If you think we aren't quite Conference National level why compare us to those 3? We are clearly miles ahead of them in every aspect of stature. I disagree with any suggestion that we are anything less than a conference club but you could say we are the same size as Boston Utd, Nuneaton, Halifax but not Eastwood, Blyth and Guiseley ffs.

John W

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 08:46:20 PM »

"John W" was quoted as saying the following on Saturday evening:

And then John W qualified that remark.

John Crewe

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 11:01:50 PM »

there is some right sh*t written on this forum. back in the days when i played for the club it had a little pride in itself, and so did the fans. relegation would not have been accepted then and it shouldnt be now

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »

there is some right sh*t written on this forum. back in the days when i played for the club it had a little pride in itself, and so did the fans. relegation would not have been accepted then and it shouldnt be now

Totally spot on John. Each and every person on here has their own views on what they want from supporting Alty. That's fine.

The idea that we should slink back to where life is a little easier is abhorrent to me though. We fought so hard to be in this division, so very hard through long, distant, dark days. I don't ever want to go back, no matter how nice it is to go on the chequers end sometimes or be home from away games early. And as for winning games more often - I don't support Alty for the glory of beating Redditch United ffs, surely you win games to get as high up your league as you can, if you don't want to be in the highest league you can don't bother turning up.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CURRENT SITUATION