PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CURRENT SITUATION
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CURRENT SITUATION  (Read 6118 times)

andyc

CURRENT SITUATION
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:53:29 AM »

I've watched Alty for 30 years and like everyone else I am gutted at where we are at the present time. For me we are at best a mid table Conference North side at the moment with probably 4 or 5 players who would get in another Conference National side, Densmore, who needs to be played in midfield, Denham, Smith, Clee and possibly Williams with future development. This league is harder every year and we just can't compete without investment for new loan players. Teams like Hayes & Yeading who we are looking at as an equal side have ex Torquay striker Kaid Mohammed in the side who is scoring their goals, this is the difference between staying up and going down. We will be passed in the pyramid by the likes of Boston, AFC Telford, Alfreton etc as they have the money to attract the better players. So a cup run is needed or money from an investor because what we have at the moment is not good enough. I hate to say it but Conf North is our level unless we have the funds in place to go full time and attract the players with the quality that is sadly lacking. I hope McKenna has got the job and feel his management will be positive going forward, but I was very surprised we didn't have any new loan players brought in before saturday's game, probably due to the lack of funds which will always be our downfall.   

andyc

Re: CURRENT SITUATION
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »

Mohammed plays for Bath not H & Y but still a club we look at as a bottom four contender!

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »

This "our level" stuff is starting to bug me now.

Our budget is probably not the smallest in the league.

We know we are in a tough league, we know its going to be a struggle but aren't we willing to fight anymore?

Shall we all just give up now and start planning for great games agsint Hinckley in front of 455?

If we go down in the next few years and sneak into the playoffs shall we concede in case we go above "our level"?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:17:19 AM by markecky »

andyc

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »

I'm not saying we should give up but realise that with what we presently have at our disposal is not going to be good enough in this league. Without future investment we will struggle to get back up as the top teams in BSN have the financial backing to progress. So the position we are in is not a shock considering we have a weaker team than last season and the BSP is at its strongest.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »

I have my eternal Optimist head on today...

I really dont think we should give up on this season just yet..

We can hardly berate the players for "Not Trying" and "Not Caring" if we as forumites keep posting doom and gloom posts about the next 7 months of this season, and basically accepting the fact that we are doomed now......

Reality head on now... We are (at present) up the Smelly creek without a paddle)...  Histon ten days ago were not much better off than us... In the space of about 9 days... Histon have managed to gain 7 points (Yes... as many as we have all season etc etc)

As bad as it looks just now I dont think that it is beyond the ability of AFC to have a mini run of decent results.. Confidence is the key here and lets just hope Ken & Co can instill some into our squad ........

I admit we need a couple of replacements for the players who we all know are under achieving.  I am sure Ken and Co are trying to address this as we speak.......

If come late April we do go down to the BSN I will hold my hands up and admit that you clairvoyants out there  were right all along way back in Oct........

Cmon Alty     and be there on Saturday............

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »

I have my eternal Optimist head on today...

I really dont think we should give up on this season just yet..

We can hardly berate the players for "Not Trying" and "Not Caring" if we as forumites keep posting doom and gloom posts about the next 7 months of this season, and basically accepting the fact that we are doomed now......

Reality head on now... We are (at present) up the Smelly creek without a paddle)...  Histon ten days ago were not much better off than us... In the space of about 9 days... Histon have managed to gain 7 points (Yes... as many as we have all season etc etc)

As bad as it looks just now I dont think that it is beyond the ability of AFC to have a mini run of decent results.. Confidence is the key here and lets just hope Ken & Co can instill some into our squad ........

I admit we need a couple of replacements for the players who we all know are under achieving.  I am sure Ken and Co are trying to address this as we speak.......

If come late April we do go down to the BSN I will hold my hands up and admit that you clairvoyants out there  were right all along way back in Oct........

Cmon Alty     and be there on Saturday............

This is the most sensible thing posted on here since saturday :)

The club remains in a really good position in just about every way,...except one..that quite a few of our players arent good enough at present. Although we are in a bad position just now, NOBODY should give up, in fact NOW is the time we must support the club the most and lets hope that Kenny and the payers (including some new ones that I am sure we will get soon)  turn things round and get us up to 21st place at least,...you never know we may win the AGM cup yet again :D ;D ;D

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 01:39:28 PM »

I really am trying to be optimistic, but I have to take issue with you saying we are in a good position in every way except one.

We have, at best, half a team worthy of this league, with no money to get new players in unless we ship some of the players who aren't good enough.
Trouble is, most of them are on contracts which we cannot afford to pay off. Without a substantial injection of funds, I fail to see any way out of this situation. We are watching the worst Alty team in years, yet people seem to think we  have every chance of staying up.
Losing our place in this league would be a disaster, we are very unlikely to get it back again.
I really wish I knew the answer to our problems. One thing is sure though, complacency isn't it!!

markecky

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »

Losing our place in this league would be a disaster, we are very unlikely to get it back again.

Now we are writing off next season as well?

This place gets better by the hour.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »

There's nothing wrong that can;t be resolved by the following:

Appoint Ken McKenna as manager on a permanent basis
Clear out as much dead wood as possible.
Bring in players who are up for the battle and capable of winning us matches.

There is a long way to go this season and the situation is totally salvageable IF the right action is taken NOW.
Come on Alty!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 02:22:04 PM »

It's only called being realistic.
Surely you aren't going to argue with that statement are you??
I am just emphasising how important it is we stay in this league this season, could you explain to me how that is writing off the next two seasons?
I am not writing off this year, let alone next!!  There would be little point in me spending my hard earned money supporting the team I love if that were the case.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »

Last week we were optimistic but now we are the ultimate pessimists? We've shown signs of being able to get results, as big as that game was defeat hasn't decided our season surely? Still a long way to go and stranger things have happened. We'd be extremely pissed off if the players had the same attitude some people do on here

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »

It's only called being realistic.

Understood.

However, the time for being realistic is when we are mathematically relegated and nothing more can be done to save us from the drop.

At the moment we all need to indulge in a bit of blind optimism and get behind Kenny and the lads. If we're going to survive, EVERYONE must pull together and do their best.
Come on Alty!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »

We are in this league cos WE DESERVE TO BE, IF We get relegated we deserve to be a Conference North team, just like if we stay up we deserve to.

We always seem to hide behind the 'budget', 'lack of support', 'lack of money' when I am sure there are clubs competing on less than us but we as fans are so used to hearing it that we now have it etched on us as an excuse. We didn't join the league last season we have been here for years now and that if anything proves it where we deserve to be.

I am sorry if its old ground but I believe Altrincham FC are a Conference Premier club by rights and the day people are happy competing at a lower standard than to what we play in is the day they should leave football. Its all about ambitions and belief no matter what. I dream of Altrincham being a LEAGUE CLUB, where as others would see that as a burden it would appear ?

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »

We are in this league cos WE DESERVE TO BE, IF We get relegated we deserve to be a Conference North team, just like if we stay up we deserve to.

We always seem to hide behind the 'budget', 'lack of support', 'lack of money' when I am sure there are clubs competing on less than us but we as fans are so used to hearing it that we now have it etched on us as an excuse. We didn't join the league last season we have been here for years now and that if anything proves it where we deserve to be.

I am sorry if its old ground but I believe Altrincham FC are a Conference Premier club by rights and the day people are happy competing at a lower standard than to what we play in is the day they should leave football. Its all about ambitions and belief no matter what. I dream of Altrincham being a LEAGUE CLUB, where as others would see that as a burden it would appear ?

Do you know who these people are, they certainly aren't members of this forum!!

andyc

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »

We would all love to see Alty as a Football League club but with the BSP virtually full time and many clubs in lower leagues taking this route its only ever going to be a dream. In my view a cash injection from somewhere is the only way we will progress as a club and the alternative is eventually being squeezed out as you can only fight against the odds for so long. I know we have done it before but the BSP is getting as strong as League 2 which is proved by how well teams do when they get promoted.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CURRENT SITUATION