News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well I'm delighted for Barrow

Author Topic: Well I'm delighted for Barrow  (Read 2886 times)

Jezza

« on: May 10, 2008, 10:52:59 AM »

Brilliant..sincere good luck to Heald green Barrow, Colty, the chief and all the rest of the chav burberrys tryingto get through the segregation barrier.

Brilliant fantastic loverly great super smashing.

never liked stalybridge or steve burr.

thegazelle

Re: Well I'm delighted for Barrow
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

Cant wait for the return of the Chief , by the way whatever happened to heald green Alty has he ben recreated under a new guise

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 11:53:51 AM »

All I have to say is ... To me, to you ... To me. .. To you ...

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

Can I say that it is excellent news from an Alty perspective as well. Had Stalybridge been promoted we would both have been competing for the same players and probably losing out to them to our prudency. I know that sometimes happens anyway but the promise of national football can intice some players who have ambition rather tha greed. We would also have shared media coverage on radio manchester and in the m.e.n. For what its worth we are still Greater Manchester's premier non-league team and under alphabetical order Cheshire's as well.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 12:11:40 PM »

For what its worth we are still Greater Manchester's premier non-league team and under alphabetical order Cheshire's as well.

I might be mistaken, but since Aldershot's promotion (and until Accrington's relegation next year) aren't we, alphabetically England's too?  ::) ::) ;D ;D

"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »

Very good point about Stalybridge and having to compete for players........but to some extent we will still have to compete for players when good wages are on offer
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »

Yes indeed, not wanting to be accused by GH of having high expectations but can we start the season with the aim of remaining in 1st position  even if in realitythat is unlikely.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »

We will still have to compete for wages but like I say some players will want to play in the highest league possible.

Butty

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »

Like I though last season, after Dave Pace saying he was going to try and win the league. There is no point in setting out to say, get 46 points to try and stay up, you have to try and get as many poinyts as you can and your aim must be to get points off as many teams as possible.

HealdGreenBarra

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »

Hi guys, it will be good to have a home game again....and Jez you owe me a pint. :)

Its been truely an amazing season, from 3rd bottom in November, staring at relegation to the Unibond, then we got rid of the 'orange one' and a fantastic run of results including the last 20 unbeaten.

Looking forward to coming back to Moss Lane again even though you nearly always beat us. S'pose it will be a Tuesday again?

colty

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »

Brilliant..sincere good luck to Heald green Barrow, Colty, the chief and all the rest of the chav burberrys tryingto get through the segregation barrier.

Brilliant fantastic loverly great super smashing.

never liked stalybridge or steve burr.

Erm...what makes you say I tried to get through the segregation barrier? I've only been once and that was about 4 or 5 years ago now (I was stood with the dads and lads bus). Know your facts Jezza.  ::)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team