PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Sorry to break it to you...  (Read 34418 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Sorry to break it to you...
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »

I am sure Alty have had owners you didn't like,  and wanted rid of, but you didn't feel any qualms about supporting your team come Saturday afternoon.

I rest my case.....

End of subject for me...

doctorsax

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »

I rest my case.....

End of subject for me...

So you would continue to support Alty, no matter who the owner was, no matter what his motives were, no matter how high he put the prices, no matter how much he pushed his hand in your face in order to beckon in plastic wealthier fans, and no matter how much harm you thought your support might do to the club?

Popeye

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »

I am sure Alty have had owners you didn't like,  and wanted rid of, but you didn't feel any qualms about supporting your team come Saturday afternoon.

I rest my case.....

End of subject for me...

Great News

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »

In reply to doctorsax, cos he asked a question and I think its rude not to reply ... and quite enjoying speaking to him ...

Yes I would support Altrincham FC no matter wha as they are my club through good and bad.

There has been boards I have not agreed with and there has been bad times, and VERY bleak times but the fact is I support ALTRINCHAM FC. I wouldn't have set up this forum or walk around the ground with a bucket collecting money for it or doing a 200 mile round trip for a home game if I didn't.

I would not let ANYONE push me out of Altrincham FC or make me love it any less than I do. As far as I'm concerned this club has been here since 1903 and will be here long after 2008. Yes we have battled about shares and how many is spent but we have always voiced our concerns and these have been taken on board.

Popeye

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2008, 03:49:52 PM »

I rest my case.....

End of subject for me...

Great News

Maybe not then

doctorsax

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »

Yes I would support Altrincham FC no matter wha as they are my club through good and bad.

So, just thinking up a hypothetical situation, say Gary Glitter bought your club and announced that he was hiking prices 400 per cent, and that all profits would go to his campaign to legalise child sex, would you still go through the turnstile?

A little far-fetched, I know, but I'm trying to establish a principle.

More within the realms of possibility, if John Batchelor bought your club, announcing he was only in it to make money for himself and his family, and said he would change the name to Harchester United Soccer Club, would you still go through the turnstiles?

Silkyman23

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2008, 04:00:58 PM »

So when we opposed the takeover, and told Glazer that we were "Not for Sale",

Except, you were 'for sale' the second that you floated on the stock market.

Were you all complaining then when you were reaping the rewards of that financial windfall?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

oh no ... I can't do it ....... This is TERRIBLE ... I ... I agr... I agre...

No no use can't do it ....  ;D ;D ;D

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »

So, just thinking up a hypothetical situation, say Gary Glitter bought your club and announced that he was hiking prices 400 per cent, and that all profits would go to his campaign to legalise child sex, would you still go through the turnstile?

More within the realms of possibility, if John Batchelor bought your club, announcing he was only in it to make money for himself and his family, and said he would change the name to Harchester United Soccer Club, would you still go through the turnstiles?

Has Manchester United changed its name though or moved from its location ? so the 'Harchester United' thing is not relevent to me ...
You're other one is a good point, even though a 'little (he he)' far fetched. I would have to say I would fight like mad against him taking over and too be fair I'd have EVERYONE I would imagine on my side so that also would not happen either.

As far as I can see, and I may be wrong but Malcolm Glazer bought Man U to run as a business... This is what 99% of football chairman do and whether right or wrong you left yourselves open to this sort of thing happening. I think its wrong but I wouldn't turn my back on Altrincham if the same thing happened here, but as i said before this is where its interesting cos you haven't really turned your back cos you still live on the glories of what Man u are doing whilst he is incharge...

Popeye

« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2008, 04:18:35 PM »

Has Manchester United changed its name though or moved from its location ? so the 'Harchester United' thing is not relevent to me ...
You're other one is a good point, even though a 'little (he he)' far fetched. I would have to say I would fight like mad against him taking over and too be fair I'd have EVERYONE I would imagine on my side so that also would not happen either.

As far as I can see, and I may be wrong but Malcolm Glazer bought Man U to run as a business... This is what 99% of football chairman do and whether right or wrong you left yourselves open to this sort of thing happening. I think its wrong but I wouldn't turn my back on Altrincham if the same thing happened here, but as i said before this is where its interesting cos you haven't really turned your back cos you still live on the glories of what Man u are doing whilst he is incharge...

I think you should do some reading on this whole matter

doctorsax

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »

I wasn't talking about moving your club, simply re-naming it Harchester United.
It sounds far-fetched, but that is what John Batchelor plans to do with Mansfield Town, after already buying York City, re-naming it York City Soccer Club and then asset-stripping it.
He is being bitterly opposed by Mansfield fans, but if the price is right, he will get the club, and has already said he is only in it to make money for himself and his family, which includes asset-stripping.

So, I ask again, what would you do if Batchelor was buying Alty? You say you would "oppose" him, but how would you do that, cos he clearly doesn't give a stuff what the fans think, and preys on the fact that you will just keep turning up through the turnstiles.
So would you oppose him verbally, but continue to fund his takeover and asset-strip by paying to watch your team?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »

What difference do you think your type of opposition has made to Glazer? Do you think he cares one iota about FCUM?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »

Am I fair in saying that you 'hate the yank',  but you are happy to cheer on the success at the football club whilst he is there ?
Do you not think the two go together ?

Devil's Advocate here: intrinsicly is that any different to one of us not going to ML cos GH is manager but still supporting the club?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »

I wasn't talking about moving your club, simply re-naming it Harchester United.
It sounds far-fetched, but that is what John Batchelor plans to do with Mansfield Town, after already buying York City, re-naming it York City Soccer Club and then asset-stripping it.
He is being bitterly opposed by Mansfield fans, but if the price is right, he will get the club, and has already said he is only in it to make money for himself and his family, which includes asset-stripping.

So, I ask again, what would you do if Batchelor was buying Alty? You say you would "oppose" him, but how would you do that, cos he clearly doesn't give a stuff what the fans think, and preys on the fact that you will just keep turning up through the turnstiles.
So would you oppose him verbally, but continue to fund his takeover and asset-strip by paying to watch your team?

Alty is run in such a way that I cannot see someone like Batchelor being able to buy Alty.

Could the FCUM fans answer a question: If you do not like what MUFC has become, but still support the club (from afar) - and I have no argument against that - why did you not simply "Adopt" a local non league club like us or one of the other clubs in Greater Manchester (ditto the FC Liverpool people with Marine for instance). I see FCUM as a club without identity as it has no home and appears to me to be a "Protest" club formed to make a point.
I wish FCUM no bad, but what will happen when you get to Blue Square level and are not allowed promotion through having no ground?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2008, 06:24:38 PM »

I think there is a difference. GH is only an employee of the club and therefore should the board see fit could removed from his position. However Glazer is the owner and could not be removed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...