PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford in real deep shi1t
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oxford in real deep shi1t  (Read 5448 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Oxford in real deep shi1t
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 09:12:07 PM »

I totally agree with all the above.
But rules and punishments are not always consistant.
AFC Wimbledon had their 18point deduction reduced to only 3 points and the error was their own, whereas in our situation it was Accrington's error.
The fiasco with West Ham is still ongoing
I have a gut feeling that Oxford wont get deducted 11 points. Crawley amaze me with what they get away with- have they paid that coach hire company yet?

The reason given for the discrepancy between our eventual deduction and that of Wimbledon was that the Ryman Leagues rules left room for mitigation/interpretation/leniency etc whereas the rules of the Conference did not - Hence the worry of the Oxford and Crawley (and Mansfield - as I think they've still got a case pending) fans

West Ham as a London Premiership club will basically get away with it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Altyant

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »

Going against the grain here for me (not for the first time)

The rules are that you have to re register your players at the start of each season.  How hard is it for the secretary to check?

Someone has not done their job at Oxford and should resign.

I agree - the Robinson affair saw the Conference and the FA forced to apply the letter of the regulaltions by Peakey. Previously, the Conference had indicated that that Alty could not be held responsible for the inadequate admin arrangements for checking international clearences. The Oxford case is a clear cock up in that registering players at the start of the season is bog standard procedure (made worse by the fact that it invovled an existing player). 

and Oxford will be thrown into the relegation mire as rivals to FGR.........

I wonder if Peakey will be insisting the FA & Conf will follow the rules!

Hes canvassing as we speak!!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 10:38:43 PM »

I totally agree with all the above.
But rules and punishments are not always consistant.
AFC Wimbledon had their 18point deduction reduced to only 3 points and the error was their own, whereas in our situation it was Accrington's error.
The fiasco with West Ham is still ongoing
I have a gut feeling that Oxford wont get deducted 11 points. Crawley amaze me with what they get away with- have they paid that coach hire company yet?

The reason given for the discrepancy between our eventual deduction and that of Wimbledon was that the Ryman Leagues rules left room for mitigation/interpretation/leniency etc whereas the rules of the Conference did not - Hence the worry of the Oxford and Crawley (and Mansfield - as I think they've still got a case pending) fans

West Ham as a London Premiership club will basically get away with it.
As I remember the Ryman League committee weren't happy that the FA reduced the punishment from 18pts to 3pts for AFC Wimbledon. Also about the same time Accrington got away with it again when they were only fined for playing an ineligible player in the League when they should have been deducted 4pts, which might have seen them relegated back to the Conference.
They really should be beating teams like us

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 02:38:23 AM »

So were agreed then alty shouldnt of been relegated 3 times (and thberefore not even once as we wqouldn't of been messed up by preseason disruption)

What I think is weshould have consistency of rules at all levels - one reason why i'M AGAINST VIDEo goal li ne technology etc.

and yes marcx I habve been drinkin

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 11:14:23 PM »

So were agreed then alty shouldnt of been relegated 3 times (and thberefore not even once as we wqouldn't of been messed up by preseason disruption)

What I think is weshould have consistency of rules at all levels - one reason why i'M AGAINST VIDEo goal li ne technology etc.

and yes marcx I habve been drinkin

If you hadn't said I don't think anyone would have noticed!

gunners11

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »

oxford 5points deduct  crawley every year town -5,  bognor regis town -5  ,anymore from bsp and alty will be in the play offs.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »

and as for west ham - i feel sorry for sheff utd
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford in real deep shi1t