PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 And so it begins.......
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: And so it begins.......  (Read 4367 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: And so it begins.......
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »

It's about educating people.Every school locally should have an allocated home game next year.Both primary and secondary.We have plenty of teachers on here, how easy would it be to marry a visit to moss lane for a game into a piece of course work.I would have thought that it could be incorporated in to geography, PE,history amongst others.

Butty

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »

How about giving away free season tickets to Primary School children? How many of them actually turn up at the moment?

bumble

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 12:11:59 AM »

Spring and Summer fair are just around the corner - The £25 season tickets should be sold at these

If we're going bulk, just give a letter to every kid in Trafford to take home explaining the deal before the summer holidays

Years with sport such as EUro and world cups are the perfect time to hook kids - when England won the 2005 ashes, kid playing cricket soared - I think our first pre-season friendly should be a huge family fun day, with face painting, evening BBQ, penalty shoot out ect.. where we can show off our club and get people signed up then and there.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17:29 AM »

I think excellent work is going on behind the scenes...we got a very glossy leaflet the other week for holiday football club from the new community club company....this company will I'm confident put lots of these ideas into action.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »

It's about educating people.Every school locally should have an allocated home game next year.Both primary and secondary.We have plenty of teachers on here, how easy would it be to marry a visit to moss lane for a game into a piece of course work.I would have thought that it could be incorporated in to geography, PE,history amongst others.
Its not difficult, the problem is motivation, you would need to have a teacher in the school willing to do this and take it on.  I think it would be easier to contact the secondary schools and provide them with free tickets etc as we used to.  The key to this is to talk directly to the head of year 7 and suggest the tickets are used as rewards rather than the headteacher etc
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Butty

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »

How about making a day out of it and holding a friendly on the same day as the final of the Euros? Maybe even move our kick off time so there's about half an hour between our game finishing and the final starting to keep as many people as possible?

Robin Reliant

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »

Agree with all the points made here. getting youngsters to come on a regular basis is vital.
There will be a falloff over the years, but some will stay.
Who knows, one of them might even end up on Radio Robins  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 And so it begins.......