News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich - any evidence ?

Author Topic: Northwich - any evidence ?  (Read 1969 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 08, 2007, 02:59:45 PM »

Everything I read and hear seems to indicate that Northwich are well and truly in the brown stuff e.g the winding up order from the civil servants, the high court order to pay Hodkinson's, the low attendances and poor points tally etc.
However why is everyone so certain that they will soon cease to exist........whereas things look very bleak, where is the hard evidence.

Maybe there will be a buyer, maybe they will go down the admin route or maybe they don't actually owe as much as people think and MC will clear the debt..........who knows ?

Am I missing something or is this all speculation at the moment ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

Re: Northwich - any evidence ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »

From what I know Mick, there is nothing to buy.  You are taking on £400,000 of debt to get the name of NVFC. 

If anyone bought it they would have to pay rent to MC, which I imagine would hardly be peanuts, fund a substantial contracted wage bill on gates that have fallen to 400  home fans.

I think most of the fans are behind a clean break from anything MC and a club in any league is better than what they have now.

Normally a white knight rides in at the last minute but as I say, I can't see one reason to do that in Vics case.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:20:26 PM »

a lot of our fans dont bother turning because that walrus is t***  >:(

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 06:22:06 PM »

Thanks Ecky..........what you say obviously indicates that things are looking very very bleak for the Vics. My original post was not suggesting that there is a white knight out there, but was trying to establish if the 'liquidation issue' is an absolute known fact or just a very strong rumour (for which somebody thought to Peake me........this country)

There is very little in the local press about the whole matter.

For the record Matnvfcmad; I hope you get it sorted...........as long as you finish the season below us
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »

I wanted Northwich to finish below us this season, only a place or two though, not about 5 bastard leagues!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team