PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flabbergasted of Bowdon
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flabbergasted of Bowdon  (Read 5390 times)

dino

Flabbergasted of Bowdon
« on: October 06, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »

unbelievable! Todays defeat was not to do with part time / fulltime issues,nor fitness, nor the referee,but purely bizarre team selection.How we can start a HOME game without pottsy or logan is a complete mystery to most supporters.This negative approach epitomised the performance,with macfadden completely out of his depth.Only after 50mins,yes 50mins did some sort of penny drop,and with the introduction of logan, we looked dangerous.After i thought we had cleared the air over the last 2 weeks,we again reverted to type,with a thoroughly boring and defensive first half.The damage was done with the tactics  in the first 45 mins against a workmanlike team who were there to be beat.Attendances will plummet with such negativity at home.Supporteres want entertainment not CONTAINMENT .

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Flabbergasted of Bowdon
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 06:27:21 PM »

We were defeated due to poor defending, and not keeping the ball on the ground.

We scored when little squeezed it through and Senior finished well on the deck.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 07:08:38 PM »

Some of our fans have become hysterical.

Thats my main thought for the day.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 07:30:18 PM »

unbelievable! Todays defeat was not to do with part time / fulltime issues,nor fitness, nor the referee,but purely bizarre team selection.How we can start a HOME game without pottsy or logan is a complete mystery to most supporters.This negative approach epitomised the performance,with macfadden completely out of his depth.Only after 50mins,yes 50mins did some sort of penny drop,and with the introduction of logan, we looked dangerous.After i thought we had cleared the air over the last 2 weeks,we again reverted to type,with a thoroughly boring and defensive first half.The damage was done with the tactics  in the first 45 mins against a workmanlike team who were there to be beat.Attendances will plummet with such negativity at home.Supporteres want entertainment not CONTAINMENT .

I agree that Logan should have started instead of Macfadden. But both their goals came from shocking defending. The second was totally unblievable in the last minute of the half (when we 1-0 behind but still in the game) no one could kick it out/or in  the direction of their goal. That is not a selection/formation mistake it's common sense.

Senior, O'Neill and Logan must start on Tuesday and Shotton should not leave Clare's shoulder until Wedsnesday.
Full time and proud of it

Alex

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »

NEWSFLASH FOR YOU  todays loss was down to two defesive errors, pottsy as much as we all love him CANNOT play 90 minuets in this league and incase u didn't notice there left back was a good player and would have eaten pottsy for breakfast, but when that player has already played for 60 or so minuets then a fresh pottsy has a chance to beat him. as for the team selection i didn't hear any complaints last week when the same starting 11 beat crawley one nil ? pat wasn't out of his depth then and logan never got on the pitch.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 08:28:28 PM »

NEWSFLASH FOR YOU  todays loss was down to two defesive errors, pottsy as much as we all love him CANNOT play 90 minuets in this league and incase u didn't notice there left back was a good player and would have eaten pottsy for breakfast, but when that player has already played for 60 or so minuets then a fresh pottsy has a chance to beat him. as for the team selection i didn't hear any complaints last week when the same starting 11 beat crawley one nil ? pat wasn't out of his depth then and logan never got on the pitch.

Totally agree. We discussed the left wing issue for quite a while afterwards and Pat McFadden WILL track back and defend. Does Logan? No! Maybe this has someting to do with the choice of Pat playing on the left...

Daycare Dan

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 08:33:46 PM »

Totally agree. We discussed the left wing issue for quite a while afterwards and Pat McFadden WILL track back and defend. Does Logan? No! Maybe this has someting to do with the choice of Pat playing on the left...

Hmm, heard that somewhere!! But it's true when we don't have the ball (most of the game) we need work rate and effort over skill and that's why I think Pat was selected.

As said above two errors cost us, not the fact Logan or Potts were on the bench.

Where were you people when you had your chance to talk to Cote about this?!?!?!?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »

Where were you people when you had your chance to talk to Cote about this?!?!?!?

Personally I was sat at the bar.And heard that Logan can't play away (which having seen him at Witton I don't disagree with), but at home against a side which are not a lot better than Droylseden I expect/want him to play
Full time and proud of it

dino

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 09:21:07 PM »

so pottsy cant last 90 mins? obviously mcfadden cant either because he was replaced after 50 mins! why? because he was very poor. what happened next? logan came on ,gave us the width that we had craved all afternoon,immediately attracting the attention of 2/3 opposing players,which left gaps for other players to exploit. What happened next?  yes, we scored. I meerly questioned why we didnt start with a formation that would have enabled us to play an "expansive game" as quoted by the great man himself in SAM this week
As for hysterical fans...........the only hysterical person i saw,was the manager berating the referee all afternoon.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 09:33:03 PM »

Did you see both training sessions last week Dino?

marcus

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »

both dino and louise are correct in their summary.

The open forum confirmed that GH will maintain his defensive strategy,even at home and without  any thought for trying to entertain the loyal and patient supporters

ricky

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »

we lost the game because there was no outlet in midfield.sedgemoore should have played as whalley was injured, to create something.potts /logan should also have started.potts will only get match fit by playing regular games and is capable of lasting the full game just like banim at droylesdon.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 06:46:48 PM »

Some of our fans have become hysterical.

Thats my main thought for the day.

I could not agree more
Come on you red and white........

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 07:55:11 AM »

You could play with a the best attacking players in the world but if you mess about at the back for the final 10mins of a half and basically invite a team to score then they will .. and they did.

I think everyone is getting a bit carried away with the selection stuff and heckling as soon as we go a goal down ... Are we now expecting to win every game ? Some of the stuff shouted as we went 2-0 down was pathetic.

You can not blame GH or DS for players p*ssing about and not clearing a football .. That has nothing to do with team selection or tactics.

Yes I was annoyed at half time but with our defending to allow them to score 2 goals and nothing else.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »

You could play with a the best attacking players in the world but if you mess about at the back for the final 10mins of a half and basically invite a team to score then they will .. and they did.

I think everyone is getting a bit carried away with the selection stuff and heckling as soon as we go a goal down ... Are we now expecting to win every game ? Some of the stuff shouted as we went 2-0 down was pathetic.

You can not blame GH or DS for players p*ssing about and not clearing a football .. That has nothing to do with team selection or tactics.

Yes I was annoyed at half time but with our defending to allow them to score 2 goals and nothing else.

Have to disagree, it boils down to complete frustration which is evident from the fans to the players I remember our 1st/2nd year back in the conf when we played some excellent gutsy  attacking football against the likes of Morcombe, Aldershot, Exeter, Accrington etc... infront of excellent appreciative crowds even though we didnt win all the games we played like we wanted to. It isnt allot to ask for to play your best players in the correct positions with a basic game plan to take the game to the opposition especially when teams are there for the taking. For spells this year we have looked class in particular when we attacked Oxford now if we played the same from the start against the poorer sides I am sure we could go ahead and then maybe shut up shop at 60/70 mins.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flabbergasted of Bowdon